Do you think people without a college degree should be allowed to vote in political elections?

I don't think so. I've noticed uneducated people are unaware of issues and just listen to everything the media feeds us. Uneducated people are the reason why presidents like Obama, Bush, Clinton and Carter were elected. They don't care about issues, they just care about what the new tells them, and what the candidates talk like. I hate them. I think you should at least have a Bachelor's degree to vote. People with a Master's should be allowed to vote five times and people with a PhD should be allowed to vote ten times.

• Yes, let those uneducated idiots vote
  • No, only well-educated and smart people should vote

Most Helpful Girl

• Nice troll job. Are you serious? Surely not.

First of all, if you DID go to college, you would know that not everyone that attends or gets a degree is wither smart or well informed.

Secondly, most teachers/professors have their own political leanings (like most people do) - and they directly (and indirectly) pass those on to the students.

People that CHOOSE to educate themselves on the issues, and do so while thinking INDEPENDENTLY, are the "smart" ones. Calling people "uneducated idiots" is a VERY ignorant thing to say.

What Girls Said 10

• I've noticed that people with a higher education tend to only focus on the issues that they deem important. There are plenty of very smart people that don't have a college education but you sir are not one of them and spend your time uselessly trolling just to get a reaction from people you don't know. How lame :-)

• I have a PhD thank you!

• @CheerGirl38139 The only "Magna CUM Lade" those girls see is the cum from the random frat guys they screwed.

• Dr Anonymous Fake Internet PhD, you are simply an antagonist and a troll. Please do get a real life.

You have no clue from which you speak. However, thank you for making that clear for all of us.

Have a nice day. :)

• Just because you don't have a university degree doesn't make you stupid -.-

• Yes it does.

• the phrase states more about the money than the mind those multibiollionares could have

• @girlygirl2015 Nobody else took it in a different way. This is just getting childish. You have your opinion ans I have mine. We can leave it at that.

• Of course! They work, live in our cities, and pay taxes too. Everyone should have a right to have their say!

• Of course, lol.
    Have fun trolling :p

• media0.giphy.com/media/ZzDCSuTgZx51C/giphy.gif

Wow this is one of the dumbest things I have heard.

• How so? I know I'm right.

• He's full of shit.

• I do not think educated people knows better than anyone. And college degree of course means something, but it is not everything.
    One needs to know what is going on in the country. Needs to have little bit of knowledge of history. But those do not always come from college degree.

• Of course, thiis poll is not leading or biased at all... -_-

I know plenty of dumbos who have degrees. Academic achievement =\= intelligence.

• Yes it does.

• It really doesn't. I know many wise people who don't have degrees. What even is 'intelligence' anyway? It's such an abstract concept and there is no true way of quantifying it. But whatever, you're clearly trolling and probably won't take in anything I'm saying to you.

• Wow, this... question really boils my blood. Good job, troll.

To answer your question: of course those without a degree should vote. They are not stupid. Not everyone can afford college, not everyone has time for college, not everyone has the opportunity for college.
    Having a degree doesn't mean anything special except that you're certified to do this/that, but it doesn't mean you're smarter or better.

Get over yourself, troll.

• So if you think I'm a troll, than why did you say it boiled your blood? That proves right there you know I'm not a troll.

• People without college degrees should be able to vote. Our nation is supposed to be of the people, for the people, and by the people. If only college graduates were allowed to vote then we'd be ignoring a large portion of people. Everyone should be able to make their choice. They have to live in this country too. People with a Masters or PhD should not be able to vote multiple times. Just because someone is a college graduate doesn't mean they're any smarter than anyone else. Just because someone didn't graduate college doesn't mean that they're uneducated.

• Just because someone has a college degree doesn't necessarily mean they are politically educated though or more intelligent that those who don't, and just because someone doesn't have one does not make them uneducated and stupid. In this economy going to college is more of a luxury than anything else, not everyone can afford to go, especially in a country like the US where education is very costly.

• It means they're smart.

• It means they were fortunate enough to have had the means to actually afford an education. Plus, college is not for everyone. Just because someone does not have a degree does not mean they should be stripped of their civil rights. That's a very close minded thing to say. Academic achievement does not reflect someone's intelligence. Although, I believe people should become politically educated before voting, but that is regardless of your educational background.

What Guys Said 16

• "I hate them"

you lost all validity there. but then again this is a boring troll question, damn morning trolls suck these days.

• Huh, let's see:
    Do you think people without a good income should be allowed to vote in political elections? . I've noticed poor people are unaware of issues and just listen to everything the media feeds us which gives hope to get out of poverty?
    ****
    Do you think people with a higher age should be allowed to vote in political elections? . I've noticed older people are unaware of issues and just listen to everything the media feeds us which gives hope to get a good retirement?
    ***
    Do you think people without an own company should be allowed to vote in political elections? . I've noticed employed people are unaware of issues and just listen to everything the media feeds us which gives hope to give better working conditions?
    ***
    Do you think people without a good health should be allowed to vote in political elections? . I've noticed ill people are unaware of issues and just listen to everything the media feeds us which gives hope to get better and cheaper meds?
    ***
    Do you think people without a good penis should be allowed to vote in political elections? . I've noticed penisless people are unaware of issues and just listen to everything the media feeds us which gives hope to get better conditions for penisless people?
    ***
    Do you think people without a good skin pigmentation should be allowed to vote in political elections? . I've noticed those people are unaware of issues and just listen to everything the media feeds us which gives hope to get the same life as people with a good skin pigmentation?
    ***
    Do you think people with a lot of children should be allowed to vote in political elections? . I've noticed poor people are unaware of issues and just listen to everything the media feeds us which gives hope to get advantages for children?

I could go on for some time that way, until there are just two persons left to vote:
    YOU and ME.

• Nothing you said made any sense.

• No comment.

• He is saying your statement can be used to justify only allowing anyone of those "certain" people the ability to vote. You should go to college and you might have saw that. :-)

• You DO know there's like, educated people WITHOUT degrees right? Knowledge doesn't just come from schools, it comes from life all around you.

Books, hard-nosed job experience, etc.

• No, people who don't go to college just sit at home and get drunk/high on drugs. They never read.

• No, I'm using... facts.

• ... rrriiiiight.

Whelp, if that's how you want to play it, so be it.

• There's plenty of idiots with college degrees.

• You can't be an idiot with a college degree. It's impossible.

• Asker (18-24)

No, I'm using... facts. <<<<< that's you :-)

• Who? I really have no idea who you're talking about.

• No, I do not think that people should need need a college degree to be able to vote. But reading your questions has convinced me that there are definitely some people that are so stupid they should not be allowed to vote.

• That would mean everyone would have to have a BA in political science. People with Masters and PHDs would be involved in a process called gerrymandering. This would mean that the minority would control who gets into power and that is not democracy. Yes democracy is flawed since there will always be people that will vote for a candidate that has nice hair, or a pretty smile but that is the minority.

I don't know about the US but in Canada only about 30% of the population votes since most people just don't care or feel their vote has no influence on the outcome. Imagine how many people would vote if they matched your criteria. I will vote in the Canadian federal election, for who I don't know yet. Just because I don't have a degree in political science, doesn't mean I won't do the research on a candidate's policies and how they will effect me.

• By gerrymandering I mean that officials will try to create electoral districts where they will get the most votes.

• You think people with college educations are "educated"? You've clearly never met a communications or humanities major.

• May I remind you that it is high educated people in tuxedos who are ruining our countries with their corrupt and treacherous governments?
    I see at my work everyday how ''smart'' people with a college degree are. Especially the women. Sometimes I think that those secretaries are paying their bosses to keep the job, if there's not something 'else'.

• Women are smarter than men.

• Oh please you really expect me to argue with you now stupid troll?

• Nope, although I can understand what you mean. The problem is however, you want the entire population to vote, so every social and economical "class". If you only let people with a higher degree vote (which often have a higher salary as well), the voting will not be beneficial to people from other groups, since people have the tendency to vote only for things that benefit them, no matter how highly educated they are. So it will result in votes which only benefit the "richer" and "more educated" instead of equally benefiting all (which is the goal, not always the outcome however).

• While I see your point, I don't think education determines one's intelligence completely.. Some well-schooled people fall for the media garbage as well, ande many people who don't have fancy degrees truly think for themselves. It may seem like a good idea to you, but I think it's too close-minded.

• Yes, but no one, how ever educated, should be allowed to vote away other people's rights. That is the problem with democracy.

• The public doesn't choose the president... our votes literally don't matter what so ever. In other words it doesn't matter who votes it could be 5 year olds and the electoral college will still choose the out come not us.

• Only people who didn't go to college should be allowed to vote.

• Spoken from an uneducated English moron.

• Well your choice there seems to be between people whose heads are full of shit and people whose heads are full of shit but who have convinced themselves they aren't.

As William F. Buckley observed,"I'd rather entrust the government of the United States to the first 400 people listed in the Boston telephone directory (this was a while ago) than to the faculty of Harvard University."

• Harvard is the smartest college in the world. William F. Buckley is a moron.

• That would be was, he has been dead some years now. You could certainly call him some unpleasant names with justification but not even his worst enemies would say he was anything but very intelligent.

He was even intelligent enough to recognize the limits to the value of intelligence, something very few intelligent people are able to do.

• Look on the bright side; at least you are confident enough to openly admit you are an idiot (alright maybe not, as you're anon). Never mind. But you're still an idiot :D

• funny you say this and then imply that obama is a bad president. he's the best you've had in years haha

• Of course he is. After all, we the highest rate of unemployment since the depression, highest rate of mass shootings of all time, we're fighting in five wars right now and we're racially divided. He sounds like a terrific president!

• well obama is a good one so there's that

• shit son you see right through me