What should I take?

So I'm going into college in September (England). The options I'm taking are A level French and A level History but I'm unsure on my third. I want to become a journalist and I'm torn between English literature and language and Creative Writing. Both are useful but Creative writing focuses on the actual writing side than the analysing of books and poems. So what do you guys think? Which one would you go for? Thank you

• A level English
  • A level Creative Writing

Most Helpful Girl

• I think English is a more marketable subject for going to uni (if you plan on going) . I think you should look at journalism courses at different universities and check the required or preferred A level subjects. If there aren't any pick the one you think would be best.
    Also, if you do want to go to uni, you'll need 4 AS subjects.

What Girls Said 2

• I think you should take creative writing :) you can study more later if you aren't satisficed ;) :)

• I would say take A level Creative Writing :)

What Guys Said 5

• From the sounds of it, Eng Lit/Eng Lan sounds like a higher valued A level than Creative Writing.

I can't believe I am reminded about A levels on this site! Ugh, I really can wait for results day...

• If you aspire to be a journalist then I would recommend scrapping French and instead go for both Literature and creative writing as it would be more beneficial for you in the long run. You could always self educate yourself languages as a hobby so I wouldn't recommend doing French as it would be a waste of a course in my opinion.

• I'm tempted to crack a joke about journalists and creative writing but I won't go there. I think English is more attractive to a prospective employer.

• Get the basic required courses out of the way first

• Do you not pick four?

• They didn't recommend it

• If it has to be out of creative and English, then English for sure.

• Thank you