Why does it seem like silly questions gets more answers than serious ones?

It seems like when I ask a really serious question about my relationship that I feel I really need advice for, I can't even get not one opinion. But then I'll write a question like "if you were stranded on an island..." It seems like the opinions never stop. Lol

whyyyyyyy? 😭😭😭😭😭

Do you think people are here more for entertainment than actually giving advice?

Most Helpful Guy

• There a few things in play, not the least of which is how much of humanities attention span has been destroyed by texting and the internet in general. It is also true that the general level of intelligence is decreasing, with many people unable to think deeply, or even empathize. Many are just down right dumb, if not utterly stupid. As much as I hate to say it, or to see it. But it is real and not going away any time soon. It will likely take generations for humankind to fully realize we are in a dead-end cul de sac, wake up as to how we got there, and then turn around and head back out onto the open road, correcting our course. Then there is the laziness factor (self explanatory), as well as the entertain-me or simpleton types. Still, there are a few here who are not lazy-minded or in a hurry to get the stupid freaking xper point like a mouse chasing cheese in a maze, and who truly care to read, help, and will take the time to respond in a thoughtful and detailed way. So please feel free to message me with your question or situation. :)

What Guys Said 14

• I often go for a mix of the "No Opinion" section, where I read a really long question and naturally give a very long response. However, I can only write so many long opinions back before I need to take a break. It is easy to answer "if you were stranded on an island..." because I can give short answers for it and it is less heavy than something like "My boyfriend dumped me, I feel so lost and alone."

I think there is a mix of three kinds of people. There are the advice givers. There are the people wanting entertainment questions. There are creeps.
    Often times though, most people are a mix of the first two.

Tl;Dr; It is because silly questions are easy to reply, interesting, and a good break from heavy questions.

• I think it's part of human nature. We often are able to pick out negative things easier than the positive ones. For example:

A person can do great work all day long and nobody will say anything about it. But as soon as the person makes a mistake we're immediately there to point that mistake out.

Or when painters are painting a wall they hang a sign with a deliberate spelling mistake ("Wed" instead of "Wet") so that people pay more attention.

And companies deliberately make their commercials silly to make people pay more attention to it (even when that attention is negative).

So when someone has a "silly" question i think people just notice it sooner and are more intrigued by it.

Yes, lot's of people are here just for entertainment (and also as a challenge to score more points)

• Unfortunatelly this is sad. people tend to skip questions wid long descriptions coz they r bored readin long posts. Some people r here for xper huntin. They prefer answerin 10 less serious questions so they'll get 10 Xper quickly, than answerin a serious one.

If u go to "no opinions" section then u will notice almost every question's serious and long-descriptioned

• Lol... I do go to the section only to answer because I do want to give advice to people who think they really need it. But I can understand how it's gets a little boring after reading almost a four page essay. Lol. Halfway throug, I'm like never mind... Next question.

• The best advice that I can give you is.

1. Yes they are. Most of them are.

2. Have you noticed that if you look down the list questions of people mostly it's about relationships all the time.

3. That's why some people don't even care to answer if you send a message on my Inbox. I will definitely help you with your situation.

• it depends how easy the questions are to answer and how appealing they are, the less effort and more appealing it is then the more hits it will receive, generally.

• Most GAGers are here either to goof off or to spam up some XPer points so they can get a gift card. Very few people here are qualified to help anyone. Don't believe me? Look at this.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1574045-add-up-your-balance-up-game

I'm a virgin and have never really done anything sexual except make out with a few girls. Yet I still scored 3-4 times more than the average person who replied to that. That alone should tell you most people here have virtually no relationship experience and so they wouldn't know how to answer a serious question.

• Its because people aren't good at thinking critically and giving thoughtful answers. Its far easier to give a lazy answer to a fun question then a thought out answer to a serious question.

• There's only so many times you can see the same 'why is he staring at me' type questions before you want something new and interesting to talk about.

• Hahahahahh... I'm sorry but I read those and yeah, I guess after a while it gets pretty boring and annoying.

• Yeah I think a lot are here for entertainment and socialising

• Normal people don't want to involve themselves in stressful, serious shit and would rather be happy and enjoy the presence of goofballs. I don't blame them, either.

• So you aren't normal if you give advice to people in need of it? And you are normal if you engage in only fun things? Hmmmmm, makes sense. 😕

• Well, considering you're anonymous I can't really check your question history, so for all I know you probably ask the same questions over and over again/never actually accept people's advice, so they don't bother with you. You could also be posting questions in a not-so-active topic, or maybe people just don't know how to help you and figure there's no point in throwing in their two cents if they have nothing to say.

Who knows?

• I think it's because we don't always have good answers. I fear that I will give bad advice. Anybody can post some bullshit on a goofy question, but everyone can give REAL ADVICE.

• well I've just joined and I'm an old git compared to everyone else...
    but I'm here to give advice when/if I can... I didn't even realise there was a points thing?

• Maybe they read it through, but just didn't know what to tell you?

• Because the ones asking serious questions usually only care for opinions that match what they really want to hear. So it's like why bother at this point.

What Girls Said 5

• I can see both sides. I've asked plenty of serious questions that were ignored. I've also asked a few fun questions that were ignored. But there were a few fun questions of mine that I couldn't quiet down! I'd like to take that attention and give it to my serious questions. Those are the ones I need answers to more. As far as answering questions, I try my best to give advice but sometimes I just don't know what to say so I don't say anything. It's better than giving advice on something I know very little about.

• a lot of people just don't want to answer long questions. they want quick, easy XP.
    the silly questions are usually more fun to answer, and require less brain power haha.
    i try to go to the no opinions section and answer some decent advice. sometimes it's just hard because i feel like i don't have the best advice for that situation.

• I do "Both" here, dear, for anyone who knows me, Knows I Answer Any of the Questions for Real and For.. Fun.
    I cannot answer for other GAGERS but maybe the 'Really serious questions' are harder for them to give an honest answer to because many are Not so experienced in answering them and find the Simple Simon ones are best answered to their Own Ability to get MHO.
    Good luck. xx

• Yeah, I didn't think of it that way. Makes sense though.

Thanks!!

• Oh, so welcome, and by the way, Great Question, this should get a lot of Great Answers. xx

• serious ones are too long:d

• I know right? I hate that!!