Virus from YouTube to MP3 Converter, is that possible?

I found some great music from people performing on YouTube and wanted to put a playlist together of all these people who I know don't have record deals. I converted the files from a site that takes audio from YouTube and turns it in to a MP3 audio file and added it to my music folder.

Since doing this my computer started to run slower and I had weird pop ups. Even really annoying ones I could close the window from saying it was Microsoft and I had to call a toll free number to fix the issue (which I ignored and ended the tasks). I know I also had to do an Adobe update, so I didn't know what happened. I tried using Avast for the first time and one of the infected files was from one of the songs saying that the user who originally uploaded the song put something of a protection. (It was called a Win32:Fakedownload, and it's description is this:

"Malicious links from social media sites and instant messaging program are also seen as method used in distributing Win32: FakeDownload-G [PUP]. Illegally distributed software and media materials may also contain code that can lead to the infection of this malware."

I'm worried that the music I tried converting could have affected my computer. Can people actual apply viruses on files when uploading to YouTube, and can they be transfered when you use sites like MP3 converters to get the music?

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all. No you can't upload a virus into a video and the download it. haha just not possible.

A lot of those sites that let you convert videos to music rely on advertisements to get money, and most of those advertisements are disguised as download links, so usually an unsuspecting, music-downloading user will think he/she is downloading their song, but in reality they've just downloaded a virus/or some crappy program that doesn't work properly and just makes your computer run slower.

• So how did the music files get corrupt then?

What Guys Said 3

• a lot of free software has viruses, trojans, and all kinds of other malware. Dont download crap unless you know a lot about it

• The site you used could of been corrupted.

• you done fucked up!

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, of course it's possible. Just try to make use of your mistakes in the future. Once I thought Windows is completely protected and relaible OS. However, all we know the spionage truth these days :) Everything possible, it's the web, kid :) Be careful and use converters like http://www.coolutils.com/TotalAudioConverter for your purposes. Good luck!

• It probably can happen.

• Did you use this website: youtube-mp3. org
    Because I use it, and I don't have any problems with it.