Would you get mad if your talking to your dad and his girlfriend always gets in the conversation?

So here it goes I usually am ok with my dads girlfriend. But lately she has been getting on my nerves. So today I was telling my dad. I was telling him I am taking my daughter out her old school and putting her another near my house. Because she was tired of my little brother that goes to the same school with her. Plus my mom wants to get a job but she thinks I am dumb and going to stay taking care of my brother because they go to the same school. So if she is running late its ok for me to get him. So I hear my dads girlfriend talking in the background. I said to my dad what is she saying? He said she said to stop talking to me about your mom. I said what? I am talking about my little brother and my daughter. Please keep in mind my little brother is not his. My mom and dad haven't been together for 16 years. So I got mad and told my dad to tell her to shut up to mind her business. That I was not talking to him about my mom. I was just telling him the reason why I was taking my daughter out of her old school. His girlfriend is controlling and everything else. I am tired of her. I told my dad he is not men enough to put her in her place. Its not like I am trying to get my dad and mom back together. Like really? I wouldn't do that its been so long. So now I can't express what I am feeling because if it has to do with my little brother or mom and my kids together I can't say anything because she gets mad. Its not right. I believe she is wrong what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would do the same thing you did and feel the same way honestly.

But it's honestly on your dad to put a stop to that shit, she needs to realize she has no control over you or who you talk about just because your dad lets her control him.

He needs to stand up for himself and if he's not going to do that then the least he could do was stand up for you and let her know her boundaries when it comes to you, you're his daughter and you should come first.

What Guys Said 2

• I believe you did the right thing by both telling her to shut the fuck up, and telling your dad he needs to grow some balls to tell her to shut the fuck up as well.

You did great.

• Hard to say. How is your relationship with your step-mom? Are you close or do you keep your distance?

What Girls Said 1

• I don't feel you were wrong. She does to mind her own business. Your dad needs to tell her to chill.