Those who work in restaurants: what do customers do that annoys you?

I try to be as convenient a customer as possible, but last night I couldn't help it - I had a powerful craving for Chili's chocolate cake and I showed up 40 minutes before closing time! I could tell my server wasn't thrilled. But I was in and out in about 15 minutes, and I tipped $5 on a $7 check to show my gratitude.

So how close to close is annoying for customers to show up? And what else do customers so that bugs you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm convinced that i've pretty much seen it all when it comes to customers, I could go on for days about extreme stories from the weirdos who come into the casino I work at lol

But for the most part the people who annoy me are people who come in with just a genuinely bad attitude and act really snobby towards me no matter how nice I am.

People snap their fingers at me and do the dog whistle sounds at me.

Order something then wait until I go get it and bring it to them, just to order something else and make me go back and then repeat this like 3 times in a row.

People who can just not make up their minds for anything in the world about what they want and they don't care how long they make me wait, how many times you have to walk back and forth or how many other customers you have who need you also.

My favorite are the people who look down on me for being a waitress or ask "why someone like me is at a job like this" and then talk about their college education and how much money they make. But they never take a moment to consider that I went to college also and paid for it in cash with the job I still work at or that I probably make almost the same, if not more money than they do at the job they're bragging about. So not only are they being judgmental but they're also wrong.

I never lose my patience with customers though, I know it's my job and it's my job to be nice and no matter how bad of a day i'm having or how many other people have annoyed me that day, I would never give an attitude to a customer for any reason.

And I would never let anyone know that I was "less than thrilled" lol because some people are actually really nice and they tip really well (like you) and it makes up for the jerks, so there's no point in taking it out on everyone and the bottom line is it's still your job and if you can't do it right, find something else that you can handle.

What Guys Said 5

• Pretty much if you take out your anger on the server. I cannot help if your food is taking long to cook. I cannot help that we don't have the menu item you want.
    And it annoys me when I'm obviously running ragged trying to get stuff done, and customers flag me down for a stupid question, or worse: a complaint.
    Overall, I'm pretty chill though! Please don't think that I just hate customers!

• Totally understand! They shouldn't give you a hard time over things you can't control.

• shit im dying to see some responses! I wanna know if im a dickhead customer or not, although I believe im a really nice one lol.

• I think the closing time customer would be very inconvient for serving staff

• My first job was bring a bus boy. The worst for me is people who demand too much

• I hate the ones that return the food when it was exactly what they ask for. A lot of the kitchen help will spit in the food when this happens.

What Girls Said 2

• Nothing they do really annoys me. They were there to eat the food and I was there to serve them.

• i have worked in culinary for 3 years i just hate when people are rude in general when i hear someone say a simple thank you or please it makes my day.