Why are people always mean to refugees?

It's even worse than being mean to immigrants. You choose to immigrate. You decide to join your relatives in the US and open a diner, then visit your country twice a year. But refugees flee their countries because of horrible living conditions and they can't go back. Don't they ever think about what they're going through and how they feel when they look down on them?

Most Helpful Girl

• These people are senseless, inconsiderate racists but not everybody is like this. Many people do care about refugees, its just that younger people often have not learned compassion yet.

• Funny how you say that considering the older generations are the ones showing the most hostility and hate towards them.

What Guys Said 1

• There will always be people who are rude and ignorant so try not to let those people bother you.

• I live in the country I was born in, the queston is not about me

• Me too but It's just the way I look at how people act towards immigrants and refugees.

What Girls Said 4

• Well with the current situation people are scared of terrorist. That they will say they are a refugee and use that to get into the country that they want to bomb or kill a lot of people.

So the issue is more with trust. How can you tell if it's a person that truly needs help or someone that wants to kill more?

• I'm guessing you're talking about Syrian refugees.

Well, it's simple. They're not refugees.

• Cause people don't know how to just not think of themselves and care

• i never am!