Doesn't being an adult suck?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's all about what you make it.

Being an adult means you have a huge amount of responsibility (mostly for yourself) that you didn't have as a kid, and if you fail to be responsible, the consequences can get pretty severe.

But being an adult also means you have a huge amount of FREEDOM to make decisions and exploit your potential, which can be extremely rewarding, fulfilling, and financially-compensated. You can work for (and get) a great job, or start your own business, or create a fantastic artistic contribution to the world. You can have adult relationships. You can follow your own path, and see if your own ideas actually ARE better than other people's or not.

Anxious, depressed, bitter, scared people tend to focus on the responsibilities, while happy, fulfilled, successful people focus on the freedoms.

What a lot of people take a long time to realize is: it's entirely UP TO YOU what you do with your life, and you can be as miserable or as happy as you choose to be. We'll all have great times and hard times, but how you choose to deal with them will determine the course of your life.

What Guys Said 16

• Lol no, while I did enjoy my childhood to the fullest I enjoy adulthood more it gives me lots of opportunity's I didn't have as a kid, it doesn't hurt that I thrive on responsibility and hard work, both of which are needed to survive as an adult.

• Everyone has a different perspective. I always viewed being a kid as merely a waiting period before becoming an adult.
    Being an adult (for me anyway) is much, much better.

• Absolutely! I did a myTake on thatvery subject:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a10596-why-did-i-ever-agree-to-become-an-adult

• Hate every second of my life every day

• There is more work but there is also more you can do. I miss my childhood too, but it was also a pretty wasteful time. Though I loved being closer to family and friends. Being an adult out in the world is hard hard hard.

• Well i think being any age you are life can still suck
    when i was a child , teen my life sucked ,

• In certain ways, yes. In other ways, no.

• *sigh* ... Sometimes I miss some moments of my childhood.

• Getting old sucks being an adult is awesome you get to make your own choices from cars to where you live

• Once you have money, no.

• This thing blows, yes. That doesn't mean you can't adapt to it while staying true to yourself.

• no, being an adult is better.

• Being an adult is the worst thing ever

• yup i wish i was back at school again

• Yes, you could not always find peace.

• LOL, agree.

What Girls Said 10

• I've felt like an adult since I was about 8 or 9 years old. I never even had kid-friends when I was a kid. My friends were older people. After school I'd go play board games and cards with my 77 year old babysitter (who was my neighbour) and preferred her company over everyone else. As a teen, I hung out with older teens and people in their early 20s. I always loved being adult-like. I hated the thought of someone always doing things for me or telling me what to do like a child. So for me, nothing has really changed for a lot of years. LOL

• When I was a child I was very naive and let people treat me like shit, I was depressed, less wise and didn't appreciate anything I had. I wouldn't trade being like that again for not having responsibility

• Muahahaha. Still got my golden years to look forward to. 😉😂

• It does!!! 😢
    I just wanna relive my childhood days again :/
    http://i58.tinypic.com/byd6d.jpg

• That baby is almost as cute as you are :p

• And stressfree life!

• @MysteriousMisery That made me laugh... 😂😂😂 Thank you! :D

• Yes a lot of times. It's just stress a lot of times.

• I've had ups and downs through my whole life so not really

• NO (filler)

• I'm forever a child ^.^

• Yup... it certainly does.

• It doesn't have to.