Have you ever seen a psychologist or therapist? Have you ever been diagnosed with a mental disorder?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been to 7 therapists and im currently seeing another one. 1 psychiatrist, 1 nurse and 1 guidance counsellor. I have been diagnosed with anxiety, depressive disorders, self harm, suicidal tenancies and a whole range of other things. The best thing Is they are really helping me to get better but sometimes I just feel like giving up. (I haven't self harmed since May 22nd) all because they believe in me and want me to improve, so I have told myself that I don't want to live like this anymore and I want to get better for not only my family and friends but also for myself. There are still plenty of things that I want to do before I die. I have been thinking about suicide again everyday but Suicide is the cowards way out so im trying really hard not too. sorry that this doesn't really have anything to do with your question.

• No that is exactly my question. Turn it around and become an inspiration for others and emphasize what you said that suicide is the cowards way out.

• Thankyou for the MHO :) it really made my day.

• Sure, so glad I made your day!!! :)

What Girls Said 11

• I had a pretty bad getting-out-of-bed problem about five years ago. I wasn't sick, and I wasn't feeling suicidal. I was just the most lethargic I had ever been in my life and couldn't understand why. Turns out it was depression, but I argued with my doctor that I wasn't "feeling bad about myself", I was simply just preferring to stay in bed for 23 hours a day.

I was told there are so many forms of depression and the kind I had had nothing to do with suicidal thoughts, or feeling down in any way. I needed a pick-me-up sort of anti-depressant to get me up and out of bed and going back to work and living my life because I was actually choosing to call in sick at work just to stay in bed. It was bizarre.

I did have a root problem though: a miserable ex-boyfriend who was trying to make my life hell. Once I took the anti-depressants and got my pep back, I began to feel a lot stronger on how to deal with the root problem. Once that went away I really didn't need to take the anti-depressants for a few months after that.

I know. Not a very exciting mental disorder, and one that ultimately went away, but there you go. I wish I had more of a pyscho-therapy story to follow, but I don't.

• Thats okay this is how it happened with me. Lots of stress, hormones, or whatever and I took meds that turned my life around and have been off em for a while. I call you a success story!

• I have once seen a therapist bcause for the 1st time in my life i was having teouble adapting to college workload. Not that i didn't have the capability to do it, but for some reason i got anxious over it. This ultimately made me feel depressed for a while. Much better now though. But those were what i would consider dark times. Never thought it would happen to me. I even started questioning if i really was meant to study what i was studying.

• Yes, college days were intense. I had the same feelings.

• Yea I was once for a few secessions. Truth is I think he was more screwed up then I was.

• I have gone to three consular even saw the school consular and social worker because I have bad anxiety

• I have seen a therapist but wasn't diagnosed with anything

• Adhd, not very exciting but damn was not a fun childhood with a Chinese mom.

• I have seen 4 different therapists, 2 different psychiatrists, and been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder and PTSD.

• Yep, I'm bipolar.

• I was diagnosed with ADHD but I learned how to control it without medication for the most part.

• More than once. Thankfully, not yet.

• Yes I've seen/am still seeing a psychologists. I was diagnosed with PTSD.

What Guys Said 11

• yes, but no. but then considering most of them reckon that not believing in God is an illness, or that not eating healthy is an illness, or that liking sex is an illness... i don't put much stock in what they say. i know per their own DSM that i have no symptoms, so it's fine.

and yep, they reckon having tattoos is an illness.. but there you go.

• I don't know what therapists you have been seeing but some are actually very helpful and aren't like that at all

• Well mental illness doesn't exist.

• I've been seeing a counsellor/therapist lately, and no I haven't been diagnosed with anything.

My family, my mum's side in particular, does have a range of depressive disorders, but I haven't been too affected by it.

• If I went to a psychologist they'd say I have ten billion different issues and should take a bunch of stupid pills or something.
    I've got nothing wrong with me. It's call a personality.

• Yeah, I was diagnosed with OCD ( obsessive compulsive disorder) when I was 16.

• I've seen a psychologist while I was in school but that was about. I don't have mental illness or anything never been diagnosed.

• No, I haven't.

• Pychiatrist are greater ranking medical facility mental disorder doctors, rather then non medical degree psychologist. Just thought you should know that and where your hearsay may come from.

• No I want to but can't afford it

• Insurance doesn't cover it?

• Got diagnosed by a psychiatrist. Still seeing one and also see a therapist.

• Yes, and no I am free of them so my health is looking pretty.

• Ya I used to self harm and was diagnosed with depression. But the therapist did little for me... I hated her haha. But the doctor prescribed me some meds that were awesome and helped and thankfully I am now off em and doing well :)