How to be a good dancer?

I recently went to my friend's birthday party and I finally decided to face it- I suck at dancing. Seriously I do. It's not that I have no rhythm, but mostly I just don't know what to do when I'm on the floor. Also I seriously have two left feet. Keep in mind that I'm in no way athletic. I really really want to be a good dancer but I have NO idea what I'm suppose to do. Please help.

...

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• Scent of a woman... Omg;I love him... Al pacino changed my mind about dancing when I wached this movie;how sweet... He showed we can dance anywhere, anytime and with anyone no matter who and how we are. I suggest you watch it and get a professional help :) I am sure it will help ;)

• Use Youtube, practice in the mirror, don't drink alcohol before public revealing of your moves. Be confident on the dance floor. If you're naturally scary leave your scariness and 2 left feet at the bar. If that doesn't work image you're someone else and just do what they would do.

• Same boat but I also feel stupid when I try, some of us dance some of us just sit n watch.

What Girls Said 2

• Watch some YouTube tutorials

• Well as someone who is a competive dancer who started off... Not so good I think that first of all you have to be comfortable just forget other people are watching you and be yourself. Dance is all about expressing yourself. And you don't have to look like a master dancer just stick to a pretty basic dance. And have fun with it.☺😘💜