Why has my dog been all over me?

I do spend quite a bit of time with my dog but lately all he wants to do is be with me. He follows me around and starts wagging his tail when I talk to him. He also will jump back in bed with me after he goes out or gets food.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's what dogs do. They like attention and love and affection. They need attention and love and affection. If they don't get it, they'll make sure they get it anyway! He's your pet so treat him like it. There's nothing wrong with a dog loving you.

• I know it's just that he normally will try to be around my dad at night instead of me. He only comes with me when he is ready to go to bed.

• Oh my goodness no need to try to argue. What I was basically asking is why is trying to be with me more than normal. Answers to things aren't always simple especially when it comes to animals.

• I'm arguing? Funny. I answered your question. It's not that difficult. 😕

What Guys Said 1

• Dogs need us, he needs you.
    He just loves you.. My big bitch does the same. Soon as I get home she Rugby tackles me into the gate with her brute force of 100lbs.

What Girls Said 2

• because you are his alpha and he loves you. You're his world.

• Have you been spending more time away from him? Or more time bonding with him (walking, playing, etc.)? Dogs get clingy when you leave them alone too long. But they also get more loyal the more time you spend bonding with them.