Girls, Best color for darkening blonde hair?

My hair used to be a very light blonde when I was younger, and now that I've grown up a little, my roots are coming in much darker then I'd like. If I let the roots grow out, I'd say it'd be a light dirty blonde color.

I don't want to cause too much damage, but I'd like to figure out what's the best way to alter the color for me, with little maintenance

Who else has had this problem?
.
I'll include just a small poll below of a few ideas I had... thanks! :D

• Strawberry Blonde all over
    17% (7)
  • Strawberry Blonde highlights (This sounded pretty for some reason!)
    12% (5)
  • Why not dye it dark, like brown?
    34% (14)
  • Lighter Blonde
    10% (4)
  • Leave it be :)
    20% (8)
  • Results
    7% (3)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

12

Most Helpful Girl

• all colors will require maintenace and upkeep. especially lighter colors.
    if you want to get to a natural color just dye it a shade or two darker than the rest of your hair so it matches your roots.
    i recently did that. my hair was cherry red, so to go back to my natural blonde color, i had to go realllly light. i ended up dying it too light and my roots were growing in. so i got a dye that was close to my natural color, and dyed it all over. it matched perfectly! my hair looks natural now :)

What Girls Said 11

• It would be a lot of maintenants to dye it darker but you could get highlights for darker or different tints. If you dye it solid when the roots come out your hair will look ashy and thin

• Thanks for your opinion!

• As a person with dark-ish blonde hair naturally, dying it lighter was a pain in the butt. My roots just ended up looking greasy because they were just a wee bit darker than the color I dyed it. I would recommend dying it darker because lighter roots rarely look dirty compared to the rest of your hair.

• Yeah, that's the problem I've been having. My roots aren't crazy noticeable, but they do look sorta greasy !

• I know that feel :( So I think either darken it or keep it natural :)

• I always loved strawberry blonde - but keep in mind, your hair shines gold now, when it's any type of ginger it will shine copper - so as it grows out the change will be apparent.

• You really should look for something that looks good with your skin tone.
    If you have a cold skin tone ( skin has a blue-ish shade, veins on your arm are blue) you should look for hotter shades, like strawberry blonde.
    If you have a warm skin tone ( "golden" skin, veins on your arm are green) you should look for colder shades, like a lighter blonde.
    Also, I recommend you to do your hair in a good hairdresser - it will always look better and they'll give you tips on how to maintain your color. Good luck.

• Either do a bit of a darker blonde or a super light brown so your roots dont show when they grow out again or put some light light brown highlights in it. My mom is a hair dresser. I had the same problem kinda my hair is naturally blonde but as I got older it got dirty blonde and then I started dying my hair and the root maintenance sucks. But if you dont stray too far from your natural color or you only do highlights you should be fine. ^.^

• i say go platinum ! you're already blonde so it'll be easy

• I would say maybe a honey brown or even an ash blond

• Lighter blonde. ._.

• Leave it the way it is. Once you dye it you'll regret it! Trust me!

• Honey brown :)

• I'm a hairdresser , what sort of blonde is the ends of your hair and what colour are you looking for?