Appearance changed or what?

In high school no one ever asked me out. In college only one guy ever showed interest in me. The rest talked to me but I was never asked out. Now that I work at a hospital as a nurse, all the male nurses pay attention to me and tease me and flirt with me. Female nurses have told me how "pretty", "beautiful" I am without me asking, same has happened in several occassions with patients of mine. They state how good looking I am (according to them). I do not wish to sound conceated here or to make you all think its a case of (oh poor me). My question is, why all of a sudden am I getting all this compliments. All this attention. It is a small hospital, nevertheless it is quite odd to me because in both highschool and college (both were small) I really never got told straight to my face that. Can you express opinions?

Most Helpful Girl

• A number of things:
    *guys in high school and college were shy and thought you were too pretty to ask out. now, you're in an environment where people don't have shame
    *your looks got better with age
    *you have butt ugly female co-workers and you look pretty decent compared to them

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know about the attention you get at your job but I do know why about your college and high school days, personally I stopped hitting on girls in college because they always have a boyfriend I think I never really find out but I always assume since they're always on their phone so in my mind I think she's texting her boyfriend

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe your the best looking out of the ones there☺️ Plus I would assume people in the medical field are intelligent enough to notice a girls pretty when they see one

• I honestly think you just found a place where people express their opinions instead of keeping them inside :)