Girls, If you saw your boyfriend killing a lizard in his bedroom with deodorant spray, would you break up with him?

If you saw your boyfriend killing a lizard in his bedroom with deodorant spray, would you break up with him

• Yes
    40% (25)
  • No
    60% (38)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

22

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends. Where I live, the only way a lizard would be in your room would be if you brought it there. So if I walked in on my boyfriend killing his pet lizard with deodorant spray I would definitely break up with him. That has to be a sign of some psychological disorder. However if it were like a pest like how some places get bugs or bats, I would be really sad because I don't like animals dying (the last time we found a mouse in our house I almost cried until my dad let me capture him and walk him down the block or two to set him lose near some trees), and I would tell him that I would really rather he didn't kill the poor thing but I wouldn't dump him for it

What Girls Said 21

• I wouldn't break up but I would ask him why... just why...

• I would run and grab the deodorant can off of him and spray him back. Poor lizard :(

• Would u actually spray him back

• Why are there lizards in his room? If it's a pet, that's pretty bad to kill it. Where I'm from mice might be an issue, and it would be considered gross to have a mouse problem in the house. Are lizards pests where you are?

• ?
    I guess it would depend on whether or not that was his pet and if it is and he's just violently murdering it (or trying to) with deodorant spray and he doesn't have a logical reason, then yes, i would break up with him because that shows he has anger issues and is abusive. ...

• Of course I would break up - I would actually make sure I wouldn't even get together with someone so cruel in the first place wtf

• Cruelty to animals is unforgivable.

• It depends on how I feel about the lizard. If it was a beloved pet, Id hold my man at gunpoint and make sure they died at the same time if my poor pet was to be crippled or even killed by him.
    If that lizard are my engagement ring, DIE LIZARD DIE! I'D help make it suffer before killing, gutting, cooking it, and then feeling it to its loved ones as I smiled and laughed into the reflection of my ring

• i wouldn't break up with him but i'd be like hey... what the fuck are you doin'?

• I would, I can't even kill a bug, I take them all and put them outside and even though I hate lizards I wouldn't support someone torturing it slowly with deodorant spray lol

• I don't know if I'd break up with him, but he would definitely get yelled at, possibly followed by a silent treatment. Let him know that what he was doing was inhumane and you won't stand by letting him do that.

• No if you were scared and that was your reaction the would not break up with him but If I was a lizard lover I would step in and take him outside before this would have happened.

• No, it is very cruel, I agree, but when people are afraid or in panic, they can do unexpecting unrational things, nobody is perfect, Of course I would talk about it with him, but I wouldn't break up.. because of a lizerd

• I'm not a violent person... but I own three geckos. Shit like that doesn't fly with me.

Regardless, he sounds pretty sick to be torturing an animal like that.

• I might pass him a shoe! Much quicker and easier!

• Lol no. I don't find it much different than trying to kill a big black spider in your bedroom with carpet cleaner or something.

• What if he was smiling while doing it

• I would think wtf and ask him what is going on.

Did the lizard come into the house by itself, or was it something he brought home?

• I don't date guys who torture animals or kill them unnecessarily.

• He should be man enough to capture it and take it outside, assuming it's a wild lizard. Men who will intentionally hurt animals are likely to hurt people.

• Lmaoooooooooo. That sounds so funny. Of course I wouldn't.

• I'd grab more incase you ran out!!

• That just looks like unnecessary cruelty to me. I don't like people who hurt those who are weaker for no reason, that's a big red flag for me. So yes, I would.

• But killing a lizard? Pick him up take him outside.

• I just do not trust a man that isn't kind to animals