What would be your reaction if you saw a girl with cigarette burns on her arms?

And a burn on her right hand..
What would you think?

0|0
8|12

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 11

• kinda bad ass, assuming someone didn't torture her.

2|0
    0|0
  • self-harm or somebody else is torturing her

1|0
    0|0
  • I would think abuse or self harm and would want to help

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd assume she self harmed or was abused. Either way I wouldn't say anything because I know it wouldn't help. I'd probably just try to be friendly towards them. If they ever wanted me to know they'd eventually bring it up with me.

1|0
    0|0
    • Would you be 'extra-friendly' (cause of pity or whatever) ?

• I'd just be open towards them. Sometimes people just need a friend to help them out. I don't really like the word pity, it always felt like an insult to me but I'd feel compassion towards them.

• I'd think she's pretty clumsy.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would think that is either self inflicted or a relative or parent did that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Big red flag. She's either burning herself or, unlikely but possibly, was tortured.

1|0
    0|0
    • And if she says it was an accident?

• Show All
    • Assumptions again.. -sighs-
      And if you found out later that she had these 'scars'.. Would you leave her? Because they're just ugly right? :D

• self inflicted wounds are a mental health red flag. if she was hurt honorably, thats diff.

• i´d think: ew she smokes well that´s a deal breaker.

1|0
    2|0
  • Nothing good bascially

1|0
    0|0
    • Tell me I don't really mind

• Well I mean if she is self harming then she is obviously not someone for me, and if it just was an accident it's the same as I don't think I could ever date a smoker. But if she was only a friend of mine I'd probably ask why she had them and then try to help if it was something serious.

• that she's self destructive, and to stay the hell away

1|0
    1|0
  • Another reason why smoking is bad for you.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 8

• Either...
    1. She's being abused.
    2. Someone kidnapped her.
    3. She hangs out at trap houses and got into some trouble.
    4. She's dramatic, emotionally unstable, and needs to figure out a healthy, appropriate way to deal with her problems.

1|0
    0|0
  • That she was a self harmer.

1|0
    0|0
  • depending on her age I would probably assume they are self harm scars but most likely wouldn't ask or say anything :/

1|0
    0|0
  • 1. Someone is abusing her
    2. She is self harming herself

1|0
    0|0
  • That she's been through tough times. So what, I would never judge or ask her anything. That s*hit is just annoying.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd be scared for her. If think it's either self harm or caused by a parent. I don't think I'd ask her. I'd be a friend and if she tells me about it them I'll listen and help where i can.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'd be really concerned for her safety! Poor girl :(

1|0
    0|0
  • Either she is being abused or she self-harms.

1|0
    0|0