What would be your reaction if you saw a girl with cigarette burns on her arms?

And a burn on her right hand..
What would you think?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 11

• kinda bad ass, assuming someone didn't torture her.

• self-harm or somebody else is torturing her

• I would think abuse or self harm and would want to help

• I'd assume she self harmed or was abused. Either way I wouldn't say anything because I know it wouldn't help. I'd probably just try to be friendly towards them. If they ever wanted me to know they'd eventually bring it up with me.

• Would you be 'extra-friendly' (cause of pity or whatever) ?

• I'd just be open towards them. Sometimes people just need a friend to help them out. I don't really like the word pity, it always felt like an insult to me but I'd feel compassion towards them.

• I'd think she's pretty clumsy.

• I would think that is either self inflicted or a relative or parent did that.

• Big red flag. She's either burning herself or, unlikely but possibly, was tortured.

• And if she says it was an accident?

• Assumptions again.. -sighs-
      And if you found out later that she had these 'scars'.. Would you leave her? Because they're just ugly right? :D

• self inflicted wounds are a mental health red flag. if she was hurt honorably, thats diff.

• i´d think: ew she smokes well that´s a deal breaker.

• Nothing good bascially

• Tell me I don't really mind

• Well I mean if she is self harming then she is obviously not someone for me, and if it just was an accident it's the same as I don't think I could ever date a smoker. But if she was only a friend of mine I'd probably ask why she had them and then try to help if it was something serious.

• that she's self destructive, and to stay the hell away

• Another reason why smoking is bad for you.

What Girls Said 8

• Either...
    1. She's being abused.
    2. Someone kidnapped her.
    3. She hangs out at trap houses and got into some trouble.
    4. She's dramatic, emotionally unstable, and needs to figure out a healthy, appropriate way to deal with her problems.

• That she was a self harmer.

• depending on her age I would probably assume they are self harm scars but most likely wouldn't ask or say anything :/

• 1. Someone is abusing her
    2. She is self harming herself

• That she's been through tough times. So what, I would never judge or ask her anything. That s*hit is just annoying.

• I'd be scared for her. If think it's either self harm or caused by a parent. I don't think I'd ask her. I'd be a friend and if she tells me about it them I'll listen and help where i can.

• I'd be really concerned for her safety! Poor girl :(

• Either she is being abused or she self-harms.