You guys ever heard of Cyprus?

You guys ever heard of Cyprus?
A lot of people i meet on the web have no idea about Cyprus. Have you?

• Yes- let me know how
  • no-well you have now ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Yep, I have friends who live there and I have a couple of souvenirs of the place. I know one word: parakal√≤ (I only know it because it's what the lady tells you when the number you're calling is not available xD)

What Girls Said 12

• If you mean "Tiny Cyprus," @random_cypriot, Yes... These poor people woke up one morning and like Greece... Got robbed of their bank accounts.
    I also have read that it is beautiful there... Hope they are all doing better. xx

• We have had several lovely holidays staying in Coral Bay.. Indeed a very beautiful and interesting Island.. Especially driving up into the Troodos Mountains.

• cool i live generaly near coral bay

• Can you perhaps tell me if the colourful fun bus as well as the driver.. George's Bus Tours are still running.

We had such an amazing day with him.. Pure fun and laughter all the way. :)

• Yes I have. I do live in Europe so I would assume everyone in Europe has heard of it. I've never been there though. I'm surprised people haven't heard of it.

• Wait are you talking about the tree or?

Jk

• It's an island near Greece. Everyone knows that.

• Yes I have Cyprus is an island in the Mediterranean.

• Yes, I've been there on vacation.

• I've only heard of the cypress tree lol!

• It's a country right?

• It's an island in the Mediterranean, located near Greece, Turkey

• Of course, it's an island in eastern mediterranean sea

• hmm gambling and cheap country. d

What Guys Said 16

• Of course: Greeek -Turkish problems, the partition, the Turkish landing on Cyprus whichput an end to the Junta of the colonels in Athens.

en.wikipedia.org/.../Greek_military_junta_of_1967%E2%80%9374

• Yup... its sort of on the map... and wrapped up in all sorts of history... and sporting events.

IIRC Richard I (of England) nabbed the island on his way to the crusades (and wasn't his neglected misses a cypriot?).. So you've been part of the Byzantine Empire, the Angevine Empire, Holly Roman Empire, Ottoman Empire, and British Empire.

... And I know several people who were stationed over there when Greece and Turkey were squabling over it.

• Island in the Mediterranean Sea. Tourist destination. Political turmoil in late 1960's and early 1970's.

• Yeah but we don't have them around here really.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...51ffd76eaf.jpg

• I have, cause I know about geography... xD

• Of course, I have!

• It's an island nation in the Mediterranean, Greek-speaking. It is sunny and popular for holidays. It has British military bases, and its north is occupied by the Turks. It is in the European Union and the Eurozone. It was a British colony from the early nineteenth century until the 1960s.

• damn , you do know Cyprus!

• i have heard of them... primarily the money problems they've been having

• basic Mediterranean geography

• I've heard of it but I know nothing about it other than its a country.

• of course. Nicosia is cool.

• Ofcourse it's near greece I guess I've heard good things about it.

• I'm Australian, but I have Greek-Cypriot heritage. My grandparents were born in Cyprus and migrated to Australia in the 1950's

• I've heard the name but don't know anything about them and couldn't find them on a map.

• I know North Cyprus Turkish Republic

• sorry mate i don't do this greek, turkish cyprus thing. i believe in Cyprus and only Cyprus. In fact i'm part of a bi-communal program aiming to unite Cyprus and make it one.

• I know cyprus. I went to school.

• I was thinking of buying it the other day... with the Greek Crisis, I figure it is going for, what? 20 to 30 dollars at this point?

• 7d

As a "smart investor" you are, I suggest you spending your 20 dollars for a burger