Why are things cheaper on Amazon than other places?

For instance I just ordered a 30 x 50 inch Stannis Baratheon banner for $10 and free shipping. It would be TRIPLE that in the HBO store. Both products are officially licensed and completely identical.

Although I use gift credit I earn from something else so it is always free regardless.

Most Helpful Guy

• It varies, it could be used which instantly lowers the price anyway... or it could be a reproduction, whether it's a good or bad one you don't really know until it arrives. I've been lucky so far, I find bargains that aren't bad quality although I suspect some of them aren't the 'real' deal.

What Girls Said 1

• Sorry, I can't agree
    the only advantage they have is Prime Shipping, some of which you pay for other shipping perks are priceless like Sunday delivery.
    I can usually find cheaper deals &/or less damage elsewhere but it becomes more difficult when shipping costs are tallied in the comparison.
    Also know that lesser quality items are featured on Amazon but not yet as poor as Target.

What Guys Said 7

• Because HBO wants to cover up advertisement costs etc etc... for am example, it cost Samsung to make a galaxy s5 just 300$ but why charging a price like 550$ odd? It's called making profit with a high profit margin and with the brand value. Not that amazon doesn't have branding value but they will have a low price tag to attract the customers which is also known as price penetration...

• Amazing has SERIOUS purchasing power, which equals a discount for them.

They don't have to operate bricks and mortar retail stores and pay employees like retail stores, which equals savings for you.

• amazon has more diverse type of products and they have to carry the brand name... i read somewhere that amazon's profit margian in like 5 cents.

but same idea with louis vutton... its cheaper in amazon than in the offical store. so why go to the store.. well people know its real and worrying about weather its fake or real.

• They pay for Amazon to sell the products because they know people will buy from there but on their own stuff they Jack up the prices because they have to ship it and handle it

• buy a shit tonne of it for a cheap price and sell it

• Not always.
    --------

• Distribution