What is your reason for living?

What is your reason for living? What is your purpose in this world? Do you live for someone or something? It seems like a lot of people have no idea why they are here. Let me know what you guys are here for!

Not surprised a lot of people didn't answer

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly family, friends, and my SO. I have been getting back into religion lately as well and it helps. Its hard at times especially being, poor and basically alone in college with classes so hard it seems I should just drop out. But I guess seeing a long perspective of the future helps keep me going :) I used to suffer from depression when I was younger and am doing better now.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm pretty much on track to graduate from university to get my ba in computer science and computer engineering, thereafter I want to go into cyber security. I want to travel to Paris, All over Europe, Russia, New York, Australia, Africa, Thailand, Japan, and several other places before I die. I think my only logical reason for staying alive is getting my degree so than I can get a job that gives me enough money to do whatever I want, with people or not. I don't live my life for others.

• I'll tell you when I find it, anon

• I'm literally just waiting to die.

• Sensible question. But I still looking for find my reason to live.

• At this time I have none. I only live because my body yells me to wake up every day. Tbh, I wish I had never been born

What Guys Said 5

• My reason for living: it's because I'm afraid of dying. Death doesn't scare me. I like the idea of not existing in any form, whatsoever. Like a dreamless sleep. That is the only true peace, in my opinion. I crave it, sometimes. But dying. Dying is a different story. Dying is beyond-imagination terrifying and painful. Which is funny, because I never cared before. I've been on death's door more than several times, and I guess the last time was too much. I have experienced the purest trepidation, so concentrated it transcends fear entirely. Or maybe my brain just developed, and I became less of a myopic, foolhardy fuck-it-all teenager. I wonder if the older one grows, the more cowardly they become. The more used to living they become. Most suicides are teens and males in their 20s. I feel like I lived my 20s when I was a teenager, and now I'm living my boring, but drama-less 30s.

If it weren't for drugs, however, I think I might off myself. I don't much like this world. Or humans. Stupid and emotional and dangerous and stupid. I can live, because the drugs I take keep me even. They allow me to subvert the intensity of my own seemingly uncontrollable emotions. I'm essentially having one near-constant orgasm, so it makes it easier to live. Ah, well. I also determined that suicide is most often an irrational decision, born from emotions. And, since it's due to emotions, it is an issue that can be fixed or mitigated. Unless one can see the future, one doesn't know whether or not their life will maintain the same course it has maintained. So. It's irrational. And I really hate irrationality.

As for my purpose in this world. I wonder. My personal purpose, I suppose, is to experience more pleasure than pain. To that end, I must endure some degree of discomfort to maintain a decent standard of living. Ultimately, my interest remains in neutrality. I simply do what I enjoy and avoid what I do not. I make the minimal investment of time or effort for maximal gain in pleasure or peace. I suppose I'm a hedonist of sorts.

I'm okay with life. For now. I'm content. Even a life spent indulging in fantasy, some drugs, and awesome food can be one worth living. Books, t. v., anime, movies, video games, all things I love. And I think it's okay to live for them.

Ironically, as the Buddhists say, life is pain. They believe the cessation of pain is through a cessation of desire. I think I somewhat agree with that. Control your desire, and you control your contentedness.

• I don't have one. I just waste my time on an extraordinary level.

• ther5e's no such thing as a purpose.

• i want to see the world's technology progress

if i could live forever as a head in a jar i would... just so i could watch technology grow

• To be of use to other people. My family first, then my community, my country and humankind.