Has smartphone replaced your laptop/desktop?

i keep reading articles about how smartphone has replaced the laptop/desktop, and how 90% of facebook users are from smartphones and not laptop/desktop, but somehow to me that just sounds like total bullshit.

i still prefer the laptop/desktop experience waaaayyy more than using my Note 4 to browse through anything (except Instagram), if nothing else, the large screen and a physical keyboard and sitting in an upright position just feels better physically.

and I just don't see how it appears that some people can "consume" the internet with only the smartphone and have no need for the laptop/desktop? that can't be right!

it's like, yes you love love your mum way more than your dad, but your family just woun't be complete if your dad wasn't there, right?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like the versatility of a phone, but there's no way it could replace my laptop. If I'm just going to do a series of small things in one place the phone is okay but it's a hassle to do anything else with. Price matching is a chore, shopping is difficult, really anything where you have to compare something else is annoying.

What Girls Said 6

• No, it hasn't.

To me a laptop and desktop are a classic and cannot be replaced.

I can't typing on GAG on my phone or answering texts with it.
    To me its annoying because I hit the wrong key (they are so small).

• In my case, it didn't. I can't use the Internet on my phone, the keyboard is too small and I'm always making typing errors.
    And I just can't replace my laptop for my phone. It makes no sense to me.

• It's more convenient since I'm on the go, but I love my laptop ❤

• i haven't depended on a pc for more than 12 years so i don't feel they are a necessity

• Yep mine has

• Not really i can't replace my laptop with any smartphone or tablet.

What Guys Said 9

• nope i still use laptop i find it much easier since i'm more used to it... but fuck sometimes i feel like a weirdo, if most people use smartphones and i find laptops easier to use.

• Smartphones are a fantastic technology... but replacing something with a physical keyboard, mouse, and large screen? That's just silly.

I will say between my smartphone and small tablet, I use my desktop LESS, but it will never be phased out (even when I get my Windows tablet soon).

• A PROPER SIZED physical keyboard, a proper sized screen, and an on-screen cursor are faster and more accurate than a smartphone, still.

• My phone cannot run Gradle.

Hell, it can barely run itself. Dammit, Samsung.

• I use my laptop all the time in college. I use my phone occasionally but not often. This is on my laptop right now. Also because it has a sweet ad blocker >:D

• no. i won't.

which app on an Android or iOS has the same functionality as on a laptop? it may soon, but not now. imho.

• It hasn't replaced my laptop/desktop but it's definitely taking up a big chunk of my day. I spend way to much time looking at my smart phone.

• im a pc gamer so no

• Touch screens just dont have the feel of a keyboard. I still prefer my computer over my smartphone.