Has smartphone replaced your laptop/desktop?

i keep reading articles about how smartphone has replaced the laptop/desktop, and how 90% of facebook users are from smartphones and not laptop/desktop, but somehow to me that just sounds like total bullshit.

i still prefer the laptop/desktop experience waaaayyy more than using my Note 4 to browse through anything (except Instagram), if nothing else, the large screen and a physical keyboard and sitting in an upright position just feels better physically.

and I just don't see how it appears that some people can "consume" the internet with only the smartphone and have no need for the laptop/desktop? that can't be right!

it's like, yes you love love your mum way more than your dad, but your family just woun't be complete if your dad wasn't there, right?

0|0
7|9

Most Helpful Girl

• I like the versatility of a phone, but there's no way it could replace my laptop. If I'm just going to do a series of small things in one place the phone is okay but it's a hassle to do anything else with. Price matching is a chore, shopping is difficult, really anything where you have to compare something else is annoying.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• No, it hasn't.

To me a laptop and desktop are a classic and cannot be replaced.

I can't typing on GAG on my phone or answering texts with it.
    To me its annoying because I hit the wrong key (they are so small).

0|0
    0|0
  • In my case, it didn't. I can't use the Internet on my phone, the keyboard is too small and I'm always making typing errors.
    And I just can't replace my laptop for my phone. It makes no sense to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's more convenient since I'm on the go, but I love my laptop ❤

0|1
    0|0
  • i haven't depended on a pc for more than 12 years so i don't feel they are a necessity

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep mine has

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really i can't replace my laptop with any smartphone or tablet.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• nope i still use laptop i find it much easier since i'm more used to it... but fuck sometimes i feel like a weirdo, if most people use smartphones and i find laptops easier to use.

0|1
    0|0
  • Smartphones are a fantastic technology... but replacing something with a physical keyboard, mouse, and large screen? That's just silly.

I will say between my smartphone and small tablet, I use my desktop LESS, but it will never be phased out (even when I get my Windows tablet soon).

0|0
    0|0
  • A PROPER SIZED physical keyboard, a proper sized screen, and an on-screen cursor are faster and more accurate than a smartphone, still.

0|1
    0|0
  • My phone cannot run Gradle.

Hell, it can barely run itself. Dammit, Samsung.

1|0
    0|0
  • I use my laptop all the time in college. I use my phone occasionally but not often. This is on my laptop right now. Also because it has a sweet ad blocker >:D

0|0
    0|0
  • no. i won't.

which app on an Android or iOS has the same functionality as on a laptop? it may soon, but not now. imho.

0|1
    0|0
  • It hasn't replaced my laptop/desktop but it's definitely taking up a big chunk of my day. I spend way to much time looking at my smart phone.

0|0
    0|0
  • im a pc gamer so no

0|0
    0|0
  • Touch screens just dont have the feel of a keyboard. I still prefer my computer over my smartphone.

0|0
    0|0