I feel like I'm just trapped and stuck in the same old situation. Please give me some advice?

Long story short, I'm almost 21 years old, I live in a small town, and I just feel like my life isn't going anywhere. I don't want to mope and complain, but I have dreams, and I envisioned something far different than just quitting a job, laying on the couch, and not having shit. I'm not satisfied with myself or my life! I feel stuck! My boyfriend has been staying with me and my grandmother because we both had plans to start building up together, but it has caused nothing but a lot of stress and I think we might be better off living in different households until we can unite and be comfortable in our OWN place. I just came out of a phsyc ward because life has been taking it's toll. Things are far more easy being said than done. Any advise, because I'm at one of the weakest points of my life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Write out an actual list of the top 3 - 5 things you want to accomplish in the next year (example: have your own place, be accepted to a college, get a job that builds on your strengths, etc).

Once you have an idea of the direction you want your life to go, write down action items to make it happen. In my experience, breaking these action items down into quarters or 2 to 3 month increments helps you focus your energy on actually accomplishing it.

For example, if your goal is to have a great job, you would start today by listing out the things you would look for in that job, and list out your current skill set/ interests. Then list out companies you would want to work for. If you're lacking any skills needed in the job you want, then your first action item is to enroll in a course that gives you that skill... and if you don't have the money for a class, then your next action item is to get a temporary job that will allow you to pay for it.

Basically, list out what you want, and then from there list out the ways you can accomplish it. This has always worked for me anyways

• Yeah, I think I will make a list. Thanks for your help!

What Guys Said 1

• You need a change of pace. Go out and take some educated risks. Get your own place, ditch the boyfriend if you have to. Weigh everything. If it costs more than it benefits you, get rid of it. Go somewhere with lots of opportunities! GOOD LUCK!

• Yeah I know. But like I said earlier. So many things are easier said than done. And I don't know what you mean when you say educated risks. I'm in school, but its really not doing me any good right now.

• I just feel like im losing sight of who
      I am

What Girls Said 1

• I think you have to start somewhere. You can walk the walk but can't talk the talk. You say you have dreams and what not but laying on the couch isn't going to let you achieve that dream. Find motivation. Force yourself to do things. Find yourself by stepping out of your comfort zone. Nothing great came from being in your comfort zone. Experience new things and meet new people. Your still young. Life will fall into place

• Thank you for your help