Do you think our borders should be left open and illegal immigrants should be allowed to enter the US without fear of detainment or deportation?

Just as the question title asks...

0|0
4|7

Most Helpful Guy

• NO! I live close to the boarder. I have nothing against Mexican people. As a matter of fact I think they're very hard workers. I go down to Mexico a few times a year. The people are always polite.
    Unless you live in a boarder state you can't realize the drain it puts on our states economy. It's not so much that they take jobs from us (most Americans don't want those jobs anyway) it's the fact they don't pay taxes. Kids go to public school FREE. Because they don't pay taxes on their income. The list goes on with them getting sick, having babies etc. Most even get SNAP cards & some get welfare along with section 8 housing.
    They know how to work the system too. Don't get married, live together. Rent a house from a relative on section 8 housing, get welfare & a SNAP card for your kids because your a single mother. Now almost all of your income is used for anything they want. (with that said they do provide for their kids. Even more so then Joe US citizen because he has less money after taxes)
    There is a process to follow to become a US citizen. Your great grandparents followed it. Just because you can sneak across a border, enjoy our way of living & not pay taxes isn't fair to the other people in countries that can't sneak in.
    Their minimum wage jobs go a lot further when you're not taxed. They obviously don't even have a valid DL.
    I know they just want a better life for their families but it comes at our expense.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Well... I think you can look to the Schengen Area in Europe as a bit of a case. Also Southern Europe is a bit inundated with refugees from North Africa so that gives us another scenario to examine as a possible outcome of opening the boarders and maybe learn from the challenges they are facing in Italy trying to handle so a massive influx.

Currently I think it would do more trouble than good to open the boarder and have a free for all encouraging the violence to move further inward from the border towns. Mexico's economy is becoming stronger though so maybe sometime in the future we could ease up on the border crossing but they would still need visas to work here and us there like with Canada. That would be really nice.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, they don't contribute tax money to government facilities they take advantage of. My county has issues with illegal immigrants sending their kids to the public schools and now classes are way too over crowded which causes the kids who are legally there to not have as good of an education. I have no issues with immigrants but I do have an issue with people who think they're entitled to something or take advantage of an opportunity when they haven't contributed anything. If they are afraid of being detained or deported they shouldn't have broken the law.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. I dont see anyone could think thats a good idea.

1|1
    0|0
  • No. That wouldn't be a good idea.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• Hell no. If you sneak into Mexico and they catch you, you're either in jail or they deport you. Where does it say that the United States owes everyone in the world a living?

They come in, they don't want to be Americans, they send their money home to Mexico (it's either the 2nd or 3rd largest source of income Mexico has). They drive without licenses or insurance, get in wrecks and walk away, because there's no way to do anything about them. They use emergency rooms like citizens use their doctor's office, but the difference is that they get to do it for free. Some of them are here for DECADES and don't even try to learn English. And some of them sneak in multiple times and murder innocent people, as happened last week in San Francisco.

Immigrants who have always come to the US the legal way, who want to be citizens and who don't expect us to be like the country they came from have ALWAYS been welcomed. Legal immigrants HATE illegals, because the legal immigrants did everything right, and they resent the hell out of people who just sneak in and demand benefits that the American taxpayer pays for.

Open borders need to be closed, and they need to be closed now. For all we know, ISIS may have already sent a bunch of people in here over the southern border (they have found things like copies of the Koran in camps at the border) just waiting for the signal. You think being nice to illegals is worth Islamic terrorists sneaking in and blowing up cities?

So no. The US does not OWE ANYONE free healthcare, a free education, free welfare. This shouldn't even be a question. We're all going to regret these ridiculously easy borders one of these days.

0|1
    0|0
  • its another country how would like it if u left ur house oopen for people to come in and out just cuz its nicer.. so from the us American size no.. but from the mexican side yes. cuz life is "better" here although not the "best" there is problems here.. but things like health care and standard of livng is better and def safer...

so there should be a comprimise.. have temporary visas to do work here get a job, but how does one pay for the vias when the cost of living is way higher so the visas will be too expensive. to get for the average person looking to work on a farm or something (no offense to mexicans)

0|0
    0|0
  • Immigrants made this country today this country was founded on people who weren't here look at all these explorers and then the French and Spanish stole, raped and killed the Indian's land. So no

0|1
    0|0
  • No there has to border controls or else system will be overwhelmed

0|0
    0|0
  • No. But I will say this how come we don't expand the USA. Like take over all or majority of Mexico. If there environment is so bad that its bleed over into ours then we should make that play.

0|0
    1|1
  • Yes... err.. no? yes?

0|0
    0|1