Does anyone else find cyclists annoying?

This partially a joke post. But I'm talking about the cyclists who are hardcore into it, wearing those pointy hats, weird right spandex, leaning over on the bike, going super ham on the road while cars are trying to drive at a normal speed.

Somerhing about extreme cyclists annoys me, they just take it too seriously. I don't really care about the kid or college kid on their bike, getting to class or whatever. But the ones who think they can keep up on the road. Part of me just wants to run them over (although I'd never actually do that) lol but lord help them, when I'm old and senile that might happen.

By pointy hats I mean those weird looking extreme cyclist helmets.

Most Helpful Guy

• I HATE those FREAKING people. Especially the ones with those "pointy hats"
    We have bike lanes where I live. Those damn people ride 2,3 even 4 across into the car lane. They think the roads were built for them & cars second.

There was a wreck between a bicycle & a garbage truck :)
    A cyclist was on the news saying "bicycles have little or no chance of stopping going 40 mph."
    I just wondered if he HEARD what he said? Then WHY are you going 40 mph in traffic?
    SAFETY FIRST!

What Guys Said 4

• I have this notion that they all consider themselves as junior iconoclasts and rugged individualists, and then on Sunday mornings, on my way to church, I see gangs of roving cyclists all riding the same type of bike and all wearing rather similar spandex cyclist uniforms. Rugged individualists, indeed!

• I don't mind cyclists, except when they have no respect for motorists. Like they ride in the middle of the road knowing that the driver can't do shit. Its so arrogant. I nearly got into a punch up with one a while ago. I needed to turn into a lane before oncoming traffic and he rode in the middle too as I went. Now we both in the intersection with traffic coming so I hooted at him and blurted out "hurry the fuck up" which he saw. As we went he slowed down and stopped, forcing me to stop and he got off his bike, I got out my car and we started giving each other the usual guy standoff talk until all the traffic came and we just both got on with it.

• I know the ones you are talking about it - They take it far too seriously

• LOL. Well, I have to admit they do sometimes annoy me when they try to compete with cars for space on the road. When I am on a cycle, I drive very defensively and yield the right of way at all times. I am not foolish enough to think I can contend with a 3000 pound automobile..

What Girls Said 5

• I always joke around with people that I'll run them over. They annoy the living hell out of me. I cannot stand them. Like, get the hell out of my way! Stop using the goddamn road and get on the sidewalk. Go on a walking trail, but don't using a freaking road that's meant for cars.

• The outfits are sorta cute

• It's mostly annoying when where you live doesn't have any bike lanes. So they are going around in the road. So if your in a car your stuck behind them until you can find away to pass them. Still they can also come out of nowhere and run you over.

• We have bike lanes where I live. Those damn people ride 2,3 even 4 across into the ca lane. They think the roads were built for them & cars second.

• Ah kk and damn. The ones where i live only take the back roads. Which the road they use a lot of where I live. So if I want to go running and stuff I have to watch out for them.

• If I'm walking on foot and I see them, I think it's funny. But I find them annoying I'm on the bus or in a car at they're slow.
    So, I understand you.

• YEah they're majorly annoying fanatics thinking they own the road or something. Newsflash it's not safe for you here, I'm going at least 50 mph and you're barely pushing 15. -_-