Do you think that GAG hands out the "Mod" title way too easily?

Yes, no and why?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah i've noticed as well... i've seen u become mod, s-mod or even u-mod pretty quick here... i was never been suggested though... guess i don't contribute much or they might be afraid i'll abuse mod's powers :(

What Guys Said 10

• Yes of lately they have been making anyone moderator and no offense to anyone
    cause i highly respect all people :D

• I've seen more mods then I've seen masters lol who cares though, master sounds way cooler anyway, being a mod is nothing special though.

I've been one several times before and more on other sites really its just being being a baby sitter and guide to however many dozen, hundred or thousand users, use your site.

And if you really wanted a position you could just simply make your own website and but your own domain, it's not that hard.

• all you can do as a regular mod is hide someone's opinion or comments

• i mean ANOTHER year

• Lol well @klaatu51 you should have said that before.

• I think way too easy it seemed based more on usage than character - I think I was only here 3 months when I was asked.

• I don't think the mod-offers are loosey-goosey.

Most of the members who tend to have fair reputations, and can have a debate without arguing or using insults.

• I would probably be an uber mod if I was more consistently active; but hey, life happens!

• Just got yours?

• I like the way they select them now compared to how they did in the past.

• how was it selected it the past?

• There really wasn't a set method or lay out for how they chose them in the past. It seemed to be chosen more on a clickish basis. That showed in the moderation too considering that you could see the favoritism to certain users. I've noticed with the way they select them now that favoritism has been drastically reduced if not stopped.

• How else would they get people to do it?

• I believe its like this if your good looking or a butt kisser than yes Lets be honest there are a lot of people on here who know who's butts to kiss to get a promotion and girls who flirt to get that too. .

• The down votes just proved my point.

• you were implying it but at least we got that straighten out

• I still stand by what I said.

• How did you get yours and you're level 7?

I'm not saying you did this, but I believe sexting was exchanged for promotions with previous staff in the past.

• No, but I think the ones who accept it, shouldn't be. You can offer all you want but, if you know you wouldn't be a good mod, don't accept it

What Girls Said 6

• Sometimes I think yes, but there are a lot of things I don't see that others do and people end up doing a really good job, so the selection system they have obviously works.

• I have no idea, I don't even know how the hell they select them, seems pretty random.

• i'm surprised you haven't been selected since you're very active or you probably have turned it down right?

• mods can only hide opinions and higher mod levels can take down the whole questions. at least that's what i read in the manual

• Yeah, I figured.

• I applied for it, but then again, I had to up my report ratio or whatever it is😊

• i think it's because i have reported a lot of the questions

• Soo it's you who reported meee! :(

• @Ihav2fart hahaha nooo I only report stuff that is breaking the rules or is really offensive

• Yes. I was surprised to be chosen as a moderator. I didn't expect that. Seriously? Me as a mod? Well, I'm grateful about it. Thanks admins :) <3

• I respect the mods on this site. U think its chosenas fairly as possible.

• I don't really think so. Most of the Mods I've seen are very active and aren't trolls.