The gym I go to depresses me and I want to cancel my membership?

Is this normal? I used to enjoy going to my old gym and went 5 days a week and excited but since I moved to this shitty new state I had to obviously switch gyms. this new gym is smaller and the people talk too much and are more social than taking their workout serious. I hate this gym and go once a week now and I hate everything about it I'm so unhappy. I'm terrified of getting fat or being out of shape so I jog instead of going to the gym

Most Helpful Guy

• Just go to a different gym...

What Guys Said 2

• I can definitely understand the frustration of changing gyms just to find the people are obnoxious. I complained to my gym staff about it. Luckily I've met a few good people but the rest are dumb as rocks at the one I go to. Unfortunately many of the suggestion I have are not what you may want to hear.

My biggest suggestion is to see if you can find a different one with a comparable rate and such.

My other suggestions are to see if you can go at a different time to see if it is less crowded. I know after 5PM your chances are very low of getting through an uninterrupted workout because all the 9-5'ers will be leaving work and want to workout. This means lots of machine hogs, chit chatters, fully caked up makeup girls, and obnoxious guys trying to pickup girls. Late at night is usually good if you have a 24hr gym.

Another suggestion is to complain to the staff. This can help or hurt the situation. If the gym owner is respectable, he/she should see what you're talking about and actually assess the situation. If the owner's a prick, they may even look to try and get you to leave because you're gonna want the owner to do his/her job and make a friendly workout environment.

• Ask around for a more hardcore old style gym

What Girls Said 2

• I think you should keep it. Unless you're with friends or at a public track then I don't think jogging alone is too safe. It takes some getting used to but who knows, you might even make a new friend at your new gym :)

• cancel it then.