Did I say anything wrong about having children or what?

He asked me what my views are on having children. I told him that obviously in the future, after you get married the dream is to obviously have a child, but that I'm not one of those girls who live in fantasy world where my main goal in life is to be a mother. I said that I am actually sort of scared at this point to have children, because I think that not enough people take it serious enough as it is a huge commitment. And then there was a little pause and he didn't say anything then he agreed.

Most Helpful Guy

• You didn't say anything wrong at all. That is, unless being honest is a bad thing. I appreciate people like yourself, who actually think in terms of reality instead of fantasy and what they "think" they are supposed to do.

Everyone is different, and you should be allowed your own life experiences without worrying about what you think you "should" do. Instead do what you want to do and let things happen as they happen.

What Guys Said 1

• If he agreed, then what's the problem. He agreed.

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe he just expected you to be like any other girl who goes on and on about having kids, i'm one of them lol, I don't talk about it ofc, i'm 15, but i've always wanted to be mom, even with the cost and commitment, even though that child will become my life, its kind of like dying and going to heaven, you love someone more than yourself and your world starts revolving around them, but even so its the best thing to ever happen to you.
    He also could have wanted kids and thought that maybe this meant you didn't so was kind of surprised and sad, but didn't want to show it and agreed.

• I don't think so. It sounds like he just took a second to contemplate what you said and then agreed with you. Nothing wrong there.