What's a good career for me?

Just graduated from high school, and still haven't decided what I want to go to school for. I took a lot of automotive classes in high school, and have "ASE Student Certifications" in lots of areas. I currently work for a car dealership and enjoy it, but I'm not sure it's for me. I was originally thinking about going to school for engineering, but I did terrible at mathematics in high school, and I'm more of a hands on kind of guy. I also thought about welding as I'd love to be a fabricator, but it's such a health risk. Photography is cool and fun, but honestly I feel as if that would be better as more of a freelance kind of thing. I thought about getting into architechtural design too. Any ideas?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 1

• How about just an auto mechanic? Or if you're hands on and like architecture, work for a company that builds houses.

What Guys Said 1

• What do you not like about working at the car dealership? It sounds like you enjoyed the profession before starting working there.

• I like that every day is different, I enjoy being around like minded people. Plus the shop I work at is a lighthearted one, nobody is ever really in a bad mood. I just feel like there really isn't any where to go.. You can be a tech or a shop manager that's it. You can't move to different positions.

• So if you wanted to continue in that career, your career objective would have had to include having your own shop at some point, right? If so, what was the problem? A lot of careers are bettered by becoming your own boss. It does come with its downsides, though, but I think it's worth it. ;-)