What do you think about the name 'Lucifer'?

Most Helpful Guy

• no way... u know wot lucifer means don't u?
    if u name a kid like this he (i think it's a boy name) might end up being bullied during all his school years.

if u r fat, have a unique name or u are a loner or a nerd during school years, i'm afraid u won't be privileged and end up being bullied

• It isn't the name of the devil :P
      Really if I got the opportunity to name a kid.. It would be this..

• It's the name of the fallen angel that is the devil. Or at least, Heylel is within Hebrew writings, but Lucifer within latin translations, similar to Yeshua / Jesus.

"How you have fallen from heaven, Heylel, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, 'I will ascend to the heavens; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High.' But you are brought down to the realm of the dead, to the depths of the pit. Those who see you stare at you, they ponder your fate: 'Is this the man who shook the earth and made kingdoms tremble, the man who made the world a wilderness, who overthrew its cities and would not let his captives go home?" Isaiah 14:12-17

Calling your son Lucifer is setting him up to a lifetime of being called the antichrist. Watch for lynching.

• thanks 8)

What Guys Said 17

What Girls Said 14

• I think it sounds too aesexual. Not feminine enough to be a female name and not masculine enough to be a male name. I like Luciando for males or Lucy for females.

• I honestly think its a beautiful name but people seem to get all upset about it because its the "devils name" which I think is a load of crap. Just don't name your kid Hitler.

• Honestly I really like that name. I know it's the name of the devil but you have to admit that it sounds pretty awesome

• i think its evil

• Obviously, the devil and cats are the first things that come to mind with the name. I wouldn't recommend you give that name to a child if you want them to have a chance at a successful career or life later on.

• I think you pretty much just described all kids with one word.

• SHINee's song called Lucifer. 😂
    Or one of my classmates cat. 😂

• I know someone who has a dog named Lucifer it's this sweet little Dachshund. She also has a huge German Shepherd named Tiny.

• Its why many Christians don't say "lucky"

• Mh... I think I'd find the name Lucifer great , because it's rather unique ;D !

• It sounds beautiful, but carries lots of bad energy and history with it.

• cinderella's evil stepmother's cat

• The obvious. I think of the fallen angel lucifer. Basically the devil.

• 1|0