Would you agree if your boyfriend said the two of you should forgive each other for ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING most people normally break up for?

Would you agree if your boyfriend said the two of you should forgive each other for all the things most people normally break up for?

• Yes
    30% (15)
  • No
    70% (35)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll
No wonder people keep breaking up. You are way to sensitive

24

Most Helpful Girl

• That would be a red flag to me. I would suspect he's planning on cheating or has no intention to commit or stay loyal to me so when the time comes and he cheats, I'd have to forgive him? He would sound very weird and almost controlling to me. I could see him using it against me and probably give me a hard time if I tried to leave after agreeing to this.

What Girls Said 23

• It depends on the situation. If you both are trying to move forward in the relationship after something bad happened than forgiveness is key. Without it the relationship is destined to fail. However there are things everyone deems unforgivable in a relationship so forgiving "of all things" cannot apply.

• that is not possible.. and if he says something like that then he just wants a loop hole to do stupid things which could hurt in future..

• Nope, every type of relationship (unless we're talking about the general love of a mother towards her child) has conditions and tolerating getting treated poorly such as taking back a cheater is telling them they can get away with that whenever they want to.

• same goes with abuse... if he even spits in my face or gets in my face and I'm scared even for a couple seconds it's over immediately

• thats way too vague. problems are usually problems bc of poor communication. resolving an issue is more important than forgiveness.

• YES- I have forgiven some really BIG things. But they have to be forgiven and forgotten. maybe that is why my relationship last a long time?

• Depends what things he meant...

I would never forgive cheating, abuse or deceiving me in any meaningful way.

• If he is willing to start fresh then I'm willing to forgive all our mistakes, but I won't keep doing this forever. As a couple we should work things out and try not to cause conflicts to begin with. If a relationship starts to fall apart you shouldn't just abandoned it, both of you need to work together to make it better and always try to improve it. Not by changing each other but by communicating and understanding one another.

• Of course I would forgive him for anything but that does not mean I have to stay with him. It has nothing to do with sensitivity some issues can't be worked out and some things can't be tolerated so why stay together if you are not happy and there is better out there.

• No because agreeing to something like that would only cause both people to not consider the consequences for their actions, since there would be none.

• Hahaha No...
    WTH?

Only people who love to fool around with others would say yes to this.

• LOL! No , because i have my own boundaries in a relationship. I wouldn't let him set my own boundaries lol

• Define "normal". I'm not staying in a relationship that makes me miserable, for instance.

• No
    laziness
    disregard for truth
    and other things...

• Some things are deal breakers in a relationship. Define "normal" things, everyone has a different level of forgiveness and tolerance. The question is very vague.

• It's a lame excuse to keep committing mistakes INTENTIONALLY.

• For cheating, I'd give him another chance.
    For abuse, no more chances. Abusers don't change.

• Yes, start off from a clean slate :D

• In the past? ... Or like all the past future and present?

• No, just break up and move on. There is not point in trying to fix a broken egg.

• I can eventually forgive but he's getting an ass whooping depending on whatever the eff he did.

• No of course not. Some things are not forgivable

• Absolutely everything? No... certain things I can see there be a misunderstanding that would allow for forgiveness. But if I already explained my view on cheating, hard drugs, abuse (physical, verbal, emotional) etc. and he still went and did that... no. That shows he is selfish and has no care or respect for me... my trust in him would also be gone and I couldn't be in a relationship like that.

• We have and still together that would break a lot of couples up however there are still some thi g that are unforgivable and what has been forgotten better not ever happen again