How do you teach someone who gets distracted easily and is whiney?

Please give me some tips.

My manager is making me train someone and she is 31 years old but acts like a child.

She is easily distracted and I am about to lose my shit.

Most Helpful Girl

• Give her candy and treats to keep her attention on you

• She is morbidly obese... I think this will work

• She's sounds more and more like a night mare lol

• Girl, come work with her and TELL me that you don't want to kill her hahaha.

What Guys Said 2

• Nightmare - Find out how long training is for and start counting the days.

• Hypnotise her and teach it.

What Girls Said 2

• You don't.
    By the age of 31, this individual's personality is pretty much set in stone and will not change unless they seek professional therapy or some major life event happens that forces them to make a change. All you can do is keep things professional, don't engage on a personal level if their personality annoys you, and just interact with other people besides her when you have the chance. Good news is she won't have to be trained forever!

• Firstly, what job is it that you do? Office/retail/sales/admin/catering? Different tips for different roles :)

• Im in an office role. I'm a case manager

• Give her tasks that she can do independently - oversee but don't micro manage. Check on her occasionally. That way you get your space and can get your work done but she is also being useful. Even if it's admin stuff or something for you, it will all help.