People not from America, what is your opinion of Americans?

What is your general opinion of people from the United States and why?

Most Helpful Guy

• The main problem with America is that they have too much money in politics, and that influence causes the country as a whole to engage in foreign escapades that make them look foolish.

In 2010, the US dropped out of the top 20 in a global league table of least corrupt nations tarnished by financial scandals and the influence of money in politics. The USA fell from 19th to 22nd in a 178 nation list, which is based on independent survey's of corruption. This was the lowest score awarded to the U. S. since the organizations 15 year history, and the first time it had ever fallen out of the top 20.

http://www.transparency.org/cpi2010/results

Now, they've caught up a bit in recent years, but this problem of government corruption plagues the USA, and Americans seem to be too lackadaisical/apathetic to actually get rid of these people. Normally, one wouldn't care, but as the worlds largest superpower, the things they do on foreign soil due to this corruption has a global effect on everyone, particularly their policies in the middle east. It needs to stop.

Americans as people though aren't any better or worse than people from other countries, but they can often be quite hospitable and generous.

What Girls Said 6

• stuck up and as a group all together, under educated

• how are they stuck up? why are they under educated? Don't they go to school?

• I have met American's in person... @theccanyon

• I don't know too much about them. They are so diverse in their characteristics it is hard to attribute any quality to them and say "this is what america is about."

• Based on people i've encountered... In general, they are open minded, funny, honest, straight forward, curious about random things (new things), and willing to talk about anything (probably because of freedom of speech :D). Also personal boundary is very important to them unlike my friends in other countries.

• There's a lot to say about Americans, my list would be long.
    In general, I think they're dramatic and patriotic. Why? I'm basing my opinion in things I see on the TV.

• In general,
    1) Loud, too open, aggressive, forward
    2) the guys dislike American women who are feminists
    3) They see their country as the only country and are not exposed

• A bunch of clueless people with a twisted sense of self grandiosity.

What Guys Said 9

• Patriotic, proud, somewhat dramatic... sociable but on the whole very nice people. Better than my view of British people anyway.

• There is a lot of anti American propaganda out there but having met a few yanks I can only say that those that I met were extremely friendly, very polite and very generous. I can only judge the ones I've met.

I found the experience very refreshing but being British I also found it a bit creepy. Were just not use to those character traits.

• Well, I dislike America but I don't have preconceived ideas of americans just because they're American

• why do you dislike America?

• Okay I will agree that the police target minorities more. You are right about that. But I will also tell you that I've been to prison and from what I see, there is no difference in the sentences from the judges. I could be wrong... but I've seen black guys get good deals, white guys get bad deals and vice versa... I've seen white-collar white guys get 20 years for tax fraud, etc. etc...

• @chuppachup I want to say don't believe everything you read but my fellow Americans can't even do that. At least you make the effort to get informed.

What @redstar123123 said is true, though. And this is coming from a woman, minority, single mother, adopted divorcee with no college degree. I just don't buy into the victim propaganda and fully own my actions and decisions.

• I have the impression of a very narcissistic conservative Christian country but I know that's not what it really is — I just don't know the US well enough to be able to give an unbiased opinion about them.

• I don't mind the people of the U. S. but they do take themselves to seriously. Unlike Australians , Poms and the Kiwis (if they can leave the sheep alone long enough)

• stupid, dumb, lazy and so on lol

• since a lot of races make up america its kind of hard. but the most stereotypical thing is having a texas accent xD. And solving problems with big booms of course.

• We look at Americans as uneducated cowboys that love their guns and religion. We know not all of you are uncultured right wing lunatics. We also feel sorry for many of the good people there because we know not all of you want to invade countries for oil and to kill brown people. Our education here is much better and my friends and I all speak several languages and we all learned them by the time we were 12 and 13. Sadly America is socially stunted and is full of hateful people. From what I hear it is the news and media that spreads a lot of the hate.