Have you ever dreamt something that felt sooooo real that you weren't sure after you woke up whether it has actually happened or not?

Okay... this might sound a little crazy but I've experienced this a few times. It happens rarely but one of those rare times was last night. I've dreamt last night that by coincidence, I met an ex-girlfriend of mine that I still feel very intimate and special about today. It was sort of a sexual dream and I think I was quite aroused but it was also extremely powerful in emotional terms. Suddenly, all those beautiful memories I've got from this girl came to the surface of my consciousness agian. In my dream we sat together and talked about the old days and I suddenly felt both incredibly in love with her again and extremly guilty because I have a girlfriend right now. I remembered how wonderful it felt to cuddle with this ex-girlfriend, how we had so many great conversations, how she was one of the sweetest people I've ever met, how awesome sex had felt with her etc.. The thing I had with this girl was a sort of a summer romance I had while I lived in America for about 2 years a couple of years ago. I guess that's also why I still felt in love with her. The reason we had parted was not a fight or something like that but the simple reason that I had to go back home to Switzerland again... EXCEPT for the fact that all of this has never happened! I mean... I did live in America but this girl has never existed... at least not in my life. My brain just invented all those beautiful "memories". However, when I woke up, I didn't think so. I knew that the part of meeting the girl again had only happened in the dream but I was completely convinced that she really is one of my ex-girlfriends. Even 2 or 3 hours after getting up I was totally confused whether I'm just forgetting about a beautiful life experience I've had or if my brain is simply bullshitting me and it never actually happened. Only towards the end of the day I finally realized that it was all just a dream and the girl has never actually been a part of my life. It's really crazy how insanely real some dreams can feel! Have you ever experienced anything like this? Do you think it's weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• In the morning I called somebody who did not like me but tolerated me because we shared mutual friends and then the mother or aunt of the person I called said they weren't home and I asked 'Is it because he is not home or is it because he does not want to talk to me?" A couple of minutes later, I started dreaming about different things. When I woke up, I could not remember whether this conversation actually happened or whether this entire conversation was a dream. When I asked him about it later on with our friends there - he said I never called his house in the morning and I must have been dreaming. I think it was a dream because I am too smart to say these things out loud but I am not sure because it did not feel like a dream.

• Yes, that's the kind of dream I was talking about. It's crazy how our brains can fool us so easily...

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think it's weird at all, that happens to me a ton. You must have a pretty active mind, which is cool.

• I basically 'lived' in a world and then woke up and realised it was all a fantasy..
    Really crazy.. Still can't believe it wasn't real..

• But have you ever had a dream that was so incredibly realistic that even 4 or 5 hours after getting up from bed and going about your daily routine you've asked yourself "wait... so did I just make all of this up or did this really happen at one point in my past?"?

• Yeah.. -sighs sadly-
      I thought it was real but it wasn't.. I believed it was real for like 8 hours maybe.. I don't remember for how long..
      It was crazyyy

• Oh wow... that is really crazy. But also really fascinating! :-) I think I really like this kind of stuff haha :-)

• It's not weird!! I get what your talking about. I had one where it was about my daily life and I woke up thinking it was Friday when it was really Thursday!

• Yeah, exactly, that kind of stuff! Isn't it crazy? A shorter story I just thought of: my friend once told me that she dreamt that she had had a really bad fight with our French teacher (we were still in high school back then and my friend was very bad at French). Apparently the dream felt so real that when she woke up, she believed that it had really happened although it hadn't. Because of this, she acted all awkward the next day in French class and our teacher asked her during the break if everything's okay. So my friend replied "Well, I still feel terrible about our fight..." and our French teacher looked at her in a confused way and asked: "What are you talking about?" haha... must have been sorta embarrassing.

• I know! I also thought I was the only one. After last night I felt rather strange because I think it has never been so crazy. So it's very nice to read your and some of the other answers here :-).

• Same here!! Glad to help!!

• its so weird!!

• Like... fascinating-weird or creepy-weird or cute-weird or "I hope I'll never meet you in person"-type of weird? ;-)

What Guys Said 1

• I had a really hot sex dream once where a girl was riding me like a wild bull, It felt so amazingly good which is weird because it felt waaaay better than masturbation but I've never been inside a woman... It was like my mind created a sensation similar to a vagina somehow... It felt so real I expected to wake up with the girl beside me but I was so pissed when I was still a virgin in the morning... The only other time I had a dream that felt real was some lady trying to kill me.. Lol my mind is so strange...