Why do indians eat out of pots with their hands?

why do indians eat food out of the pots used to cook them in, and using their hands?

75

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do Asians eat with chopsticks?

Why do you eat with a fork?

Exactly.

What Girls Said 6

• This is an ancient practice. They did it before there were commercials for Purell to put fear in to everyone that every little germ was the size of a centipede crawling on their hands if they shared any food or touched doorknobs. People just dug in and shared food without worry and continued to do it because they found it wasn't hurting anyone.

• its simply because some food can't be eaten using spoon and fork!!!
    you eat pizza with your hands right?

• Because it's easy. You don't have to carry a fork around. You can wash your hand and reuse it many times over. I eat food with my hands sometimes, if I make a big Indian feast I often eat with my hands. Trying to scoop curry and rice up with a bit of chapati on a fork doesn't work, and cutting up pakora, bhajis and samosas and eating them with cutlery is just pointless and silly.

• It's tradition and culture. Just like how Asians eat with chopsticks and everyone else eats with forks and spoons.

...

• From what I know, if they don't eat with their hands it means they don't enjoy the food. I dunno if that applies to all of india but I know the parts that i know are like that :)

• Umm why not.

What Guys Said 5

• Why does Bear Grylls eat bugs with his hands

Why do we eat with sporks, knorks and forks?

Why do Asians eat with sticks

Why do cannibals not use utensils at all

The world may never know.

• Finger food I guess like chicken wings pizza etc

• They probably wanted Someone on girlsaskguys. com to ask that : 3

• Try eating chappati/Roti/Indian Bread with chopsticks or fork, you will understand.

• Man I do the same thing and I am a European mutt. The food is already in the pot, no need to move it to a different container.