Can someone from the British Royal Family marry whoever they want, divorce whenever they want and name their kids whatever they want?

Let's say Prince Harry went to the US and fell in love with a Latina girl from California. She's an atheist, wants to name her kid Penelope Nevaeh and calls the Queen ''Lizzy''. Would they let him marry her? What if she was a guy? Is gay marriage allowed? What about a practicing, hijabi Muslim girl? What if everyone that comes before him to the line died and Harry became the king, but married a Muslim woman and had a Muslim daughter named Rabiah? Would they have a queen named Rabiah when he died?

Most Helpful Guy

• Within reason.
    The Queen does actually have authority to stop a member of the royal family from marrying (and she has done before)
    In regards to the hypothetical situations you're bringing up it's probably best you do some research on Princess Diana en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana,_Princess_of_Wales
    An amazing woman who died tragically. There's still a lot of speculation around her death

• I know that. Even my grandma knows how she died and we live in Turkey. But I don't see the answer to my question here

Why did she do that and to who?

• Nothing amazing about the strumpet. she played the media very well and got away with treason.

What Guys Said 2

• Any child would have to be protestant or their parents would have to stand down from the line of succession. Can't have a muslim child as the head of the C. o. E.

• Probably not cause calling the queen lizzy shows you're disrespectful and immature. I doubt he'd want that

What Girls Said 4

• Uh not quite sure about calling the Queen "Lizzy" is a good idea, sounds disrespectful. I remembered my dad once told me that the Queen stopped a member of the royal family from marrying once, so yeah, she probably has the authority to do so.

• Of course not. Why would you want to marry those slimy lizards?

• Man, I would probably get a lifelong ban from entering the UK. Those fancy things and traditions are not for me

• This is how they work. They have a puppet wife for good public show. On the side they fooook underaged girls, private prostitutes wherever what cuntry they visit.

• The would probably find some way to get out of it. Because it's not tradition they are not allowed to marry commoners.

• What? I don't know to be honest.