Windows system 32 corrupted!! Missing HDD?

Help , I've try fixing this problem with a Windows set up CD and then I get to the point where you can push r and start the recovery console and then it said my HDD is missing and cannot repair, what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Normally dropping into console from the boot cd/dvd and fixing the MBR (bootrec. exe /fixmbr) should get past this - assuming thats indeed whats wrong (most common).

Other possibility is that your hard disk is actually physically damaged (in which case bye bye everything - but this is very rare).

What Guys Said 10

• Have u googled this? There will be answers I'm sure on there. Or call a help line or take it back to the shop u bought it from.

• Like others are saying, you should go into your BIOS and see if it sees the hard drive. If setup isn't seeing it, it could be either a loose connection to the drive, or a damaged physical disk. Did you drop it?

• Its hard disk issue, either the cable is loose or the HDD (hard disk drive) is faulty. Run a system diagnostics test to confirm.

Any high pitched whistling sounds or clicking sounds you heard before this issue?

• Is your HDD being detected if you go into the BIOS?

• Your HDD is damaged or it is failing to detecting it. Some system files at \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM are missing or invalidated, corrupted.

• You probably messed up with your C:// drive. Go to BIOS if it shows HDD.

• go to bios set first boot device to cd-rom.

• Did you try to reformat it?

• Load the bios. See if it detects your hard drive.

• What ever you do... do not let some wannabe asshat format your system in an attempt to fix it.

What version of windows?

• go search on youtube they have all kinds of videos for that stuff

What Girls Said 1

• If you use Adobe Flash, there has been a group of hackers taking over people's computers and that's what it looks like happened to you.