Does anyone else think that America should do something about the illegal immigrants?

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as they're willing to work hard and we have people/businesses here willing to give them that opportunity, I don't have a problem. Having a system in place that entices people to cross illegally rather than legally is the driver force behind the problem in my opinion.

What Guys Said 15

• There are definitely a lot of people who are biased against illegal immigrants.

I'm not one of them though. After all, we're ALL descendants of immigrants. If we're going to complain about "illegal immigrants", we need to kick ourselves out. The Native Americans were the founders of this country and the Whites took over by slaughtering them, which was completely ILLEGAL (yet, we got away with it.) Besides, if we're going to focus on the "illegal" aspect, I hope these same people aren't jaywalking, drinking/smoking underage, littering, etc, because that's illegal too. Of course, laws vary in seriousness but that's my point in the first place: This is a minor law. Not to mention most of the people who rage against immigrants in the first place are racist. If there was an epidemic of European immigrants, Most people wouldn't bat an eye.

Anyone who isn't a Native American and complains about the illegal immigrants is a hypocrite.

• I figured as such: I get down-voted (probably from a fellow American) because I'm not a bigoted, poorly educated, closed-minded morn.

• Oh, and yes, I'd oppose ANY illegal alien from ANY country. So there goes that argument. Nice try, though.

• I think we should only allow Native Americans to have an opinion on whether or not El Chapo is a nice guy.

• No, the idea of 'owning' specific land is only a manmade and societal concept... but in all honesty no one has any right to say who can do what. Over here the people who complain about 'immigrants' are the people who move to Spain and don't see the irony in it.

• that would be so ironic :D the land that was illegally taken by force and is basically composed of illegal immigrants...

• I've made this point about a trillion times now but most Americans are unaware of their own history. My country is a JOKE.

• yeah well i guess the one with military power is still allways right XD

• Obviously some sort of resolution has be reached. Resources are finite. If we could afford to take in, feed, cloth, and shelter every under-privileged minority in the world, we would, but that's not feasible, or really even imaginable. I'm not sure what the solution is, but opening the gates and just letting people across freely sure isn't it.

• RedskinsFan, comparing our ancestors with illegal immigrants is a straw man argument. The Spanish killed off/raped the native population of Mexico, which is why Mexicans speak Spanish. Why not give them crap, too? The Indian tribes ROUTINELY attacked/killed other people of other tribes, stole their women, stole their horses. Humans are humans -- you give one group superior firepower or supplies and they will use it to conquer something else. The myth of the peaceful Native Americans is just that -- a myth. But in any case, the ancestors of the current Indian tribes (they call themselves Indians, it's only whites that call them Native Americans in an attempt to suck up to them, which a lot of them are amused at) came across on the Bering Land Bridge from Asia, so other than having been here longer they are no more native than anyone else who was born here. I'M a native American.

In any case, illegals sneak in, use our hospital emergency rooms like we use our doctor's offices, but they get to do it for free while taxpayers foot the bill. They drive without licenses or insurance, and when they get in wrecks they just walk away because we can't do anything about it anyway. They are the 2nd or 3rd largest source of income Mexico has because they send most of their money home to Mexico, so Mexico has no reason to stop them from sneaking in here.

All countries need to enforce their borders. If you don't think that some Islamic terrorists or ISIS people have already entered here via our southern border because it's WAY too open, let's see you defend people sneaking in here when a bunch of bombs that they planted level a city.

You can suck up to illegals all you want. They'll still think you're a gringo, and they won't like you. But you'll feel good about yourself because you're so benevolent, so hang onto that when you pay your taxes and see Los Angeles blow up.

• Sorry, should have been CincinnatiRedsFan. Sorry for getting your username wrong. But calling someone ignorant because they don't agree with you means you just lost the argument.

• By the way, as to the "bigot" strategy you immediately whipped out, this has nothing to do with race. Mexicans are a nationality, not a race. Hispanics are Caucasoid, just like me, and just like Donald Trump, too. Illegals are illegals, and bigotry has nothing to do with whether I think illegals are breaking the law. Which they are.

• 1|0
  • Yes they should make it easier for them to attain American citizenship so that they stop being a scapegoat for everything that's wrong in the country. Take away just the South American immigrants and the economy would collapse. Especially in the south they're the construction workers, waiters, cooks, janitors, farmers, etc etc etc. Why blame the poor people who have no choice to leave their country to survive and not the big corporations or the various businesses who absolutely rely on them for profit and efficiency? Don't you realize that when politicians blame immigrants they're just protecting corporate greed by pulling wool over your eyes?

• Well, the government wants them. The liberal Democrats to be exact. Just like Greece. Each of those immigrants that can be put on welfare and converted into a citizen, is another vote for them. They want a dependent underclass. If you continue to elect Liberal Democrats, you will get more of this. That is all it is about.

• Illegal immigrants are nothing compared to America's bigger problems. Like one of the other users said: check ur priorities

• Send them to Donald trump for employment

• Yes, they should make it harder for illegal immigrants to get jobs or make money here. It makes me upset at how difficult it is to bring a foreign bride here legally when people can just walk in and so little is done about that.

• check ur priorities

• Yes, they should all be deported. We are a sovereign nation with borders that must be respected, so border jumpers must be treated as what they are: criminals. Send them back and let them ask for permission to come her in the same manner I must when I seek to travel to any other nation.

• Technically, weed smokers, jaywalkers, underage drinkers, litterbugs, etc are criminals too.

Face it, some laws are so minor, nobody cares.

• Those weed smoker, underage drinkers and the like are citizens. Citizens don't get deported, they get incarcerated.

• Especially those Mexicans, thinking they can just come right over onto the land we stole from them fair and square! Where is their sense of decency?

• Oh, I guess I should add, that they stole from the Indians who stole it from the Indians who were on it before them etc. & etc.

• So if somebody much bigger than you picks a fight with you then after he beats you up he takes your wallet that's not stealing? Hmmm, good to know, I think I have a great new way to make money. Even the American soldiers fighting in the war both U. S. Grant and R. E. Lee called it the most disgraceful land theft in history.

• I think they were exaggerating a bit, history is full of much worse land thefts. This was just the most disgraceful one in American history up to that time. It was early days.

• like what?

What Girls Said 9

• If they come here the illegal way they need to work with them and let them stay. And they need to make it easier so they dont have to come here illegally.

• I think it's ok to welcome people who are looking for better opportunities.

• The question isn't should they, it's WHAT should they do.

• Why should we? Didn't White people STEAL the land from the Native Americans?

• I never said they should kill them, or even expel them from the country. I was thinking more along the lines of giving them citizen tests... O. o
      Good lord... some people... - @CincinnatiRedsfan

I thought America was all about freedom anyhow.

• @LittleSally I never said that you said we should kill them or whatnot. I'm saying why should we do anything about it? I've never taken a Citizen Test and I don't know one person who has (and I've lived in the United States my entire life.)

Your last line proves my point: The United States is supposedly about "freedom", yet, we whine about immigrants. Of course, we're not too free but that's a different argument

• I do. Personally I'm very opinionated on this topic but I think that if someone crosses the border illegally they should be killed, not get green cards and jobs and benefits that our own veterans don't get.

• They don't have the resources to capture all the immigrants.

• No, a lot of them face difficulties in their native country.

• Yeah but they shouldn't be allowed to just walk in whenever the want.

• We have bigger issues

• Like what? Grant them amnesty? Sure.

• Seeing as you are all a bunch of illegal immigrants I don't really have much sympathy for you.

The Mexicans that you complain about so much have more right to that continent than you do!

• DITTO! I've made this point seemingly forever and the bigots still don't understand.

• I know it isn't as simple as that but it is a bit hypocritical to make such noise when considering the blood the country is built on.