Soccer fans: What you think of the idea of former top soccer player Van Basten to divide all the countries in A and B countries?

Because for example no one likes a match between Germany and Gibraltar.

Most Helpful Girl

• That would be an understandable opinion but sometimes the not so good countries do need to play against really good teams to see how much they need to improve and all.

• The idea is they need to qualify to get play against the good ones... just like in the national competitions you have more divisions

• thanks for MHO :)

Most Helpful Guy

• You mean international leagues where only teams of similar strength compete against each other?

One one hand it makes sense, because I think everyone knows how a match between Germany and Gibraltar will end.

Germany VS the Netherlands would be an epic match however, 2 very strong teams who play soccer the European way, not like those South Americans.

But I think usually only the strong teams will end up in the final rounds. The last world championship was a big disappointment though :(

• The idea is that B countries have to play each other and the best will go to the next stage of qualification against the A countries

What Girls Said 2

• Once in awhile the countries that aren't so good will need to know where they stand and how to improve etc, so then, they'll have to play against the good ones. I'm not really a soccer fan, I only know about this because my brother told me about it and we had a discussion.

• Wh I don't know about that.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't really care. Not a huge fan of Soccer.