If you received Jesus into your heart when you were little, but then strayed away and you now don't believe the bible, will you go to heaven still?

My fiancé grew up catholic (I'm non-denominational). When he was young, he had to accept Jesus into his heart. Well now that he's older, he no longer believes in the bible. He sees it as fiction written by men. He knows Jesus was a real person and could have done miracles, but he doesn't believe that he did. He doesn't believe the story of Jesus that is in the holy bible. My question is this: if you asked Jesus into your heart when you were young, but grew up to not believe in Jesus, can you still go to heaven?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a non-denominational Christian who received Jesus Christ into my life when I was four and even though it hasn't been easy, I'm still Christian today at 22 and i know the bible very well, plus i have a personal relationship with God, Jesus and I allow the Holy Ghost to lead me.

To answer your question, no your husband will not go to Heaven because he can't accept the Word of God anymore. In John 1:1, it clearly states that the Word IS Jesus. John 14:6 says that the only way to get to the Father and into Heaven, you HAVE to believe in Jesus as the Only Savior.

What Guys Said 6

• Not according to the Bible. But people's opinions will vary widely here.

• Okay that's what I was looking for was I the bible says anything on it. Do you know where in the bible it talks about this?

• john 12:48

• Thank you SO much!

• Lets be objective about this. There are many religions throughout the world that do not believe in the Bible or Jesus. None of them are destined to pass into anything other than the heaven that is part of their beliefs, whatever that may be. Heaven and hell are concepts of the Christian faith, so if you are not Christian, you may not believe in either of them.

So to answer your question, he may not believe in heaven if he's not a Christain. He probably is not concerned if he goes there or not.

• If you stop believing in the Bible that would be denouncing Jesus Christ.

• Whenever God gets all judgmental with me I just kindly remind him that there are still a lot of atheists on the internet. He doesn't believe they exist though.

• Well, he shouldn't get to hell just because of this, so maybe he just... dies.

• According to the Bible, YES you will. Once you accept christ all god sees is his blood, that washes away your sins. I know it sounds lame but that is how it works. That is the pact Jesus made with people.

You stray he loses but you still get the benefits

• Lol say what now? I'm sorry, but that's not at all how it works with the Deity. The only time your comment is true, is when believers of Christ commit an act of sin. Then God will not immediately blot them out, because He sees us through the blood of His Son, Jesus. But God still wants us to ask for forgiveness.

• God does not simply overlook our sin and say, “You’re forgiven.” God sees our sin but is ready to forgive us because Jesus fully took OUR sin on Himself and paid for our sin by His death on the cross. Our sin is serious and it cost Jesus incredible suffering. But from the moment we received Christ into our lives, His forgiveness is ours. We can’t ever make up for our own sin or suffer enough for it – nor does God want us to. “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” Romans 5:8.

• that was @realfire22

What Girls Said 5

• Even if you don't believe the bible, you have to obey the bible to go to heaven after you die. This is why Jesus said many are called but few are chosen. The chosen ones obeyed and the called but not chosen ones did not obey what the bible says.

• I'm not going to heaven even if I regret everything I've done.

Heaven is for less than the 1% of humanity.

• No. You can lose your salvation. He would have to repent in order to get it again.

• no it doesn't work like that. you need to continuously believe (and repent when you sin) plus the point of Christianity isn't getting to heaven its to bring more glory to God

• plus in John 3:14-18 it talks about you belief now not 2, 4 or 10 years ago plus not believing in God won't stop you from going to hell. that's like saying i don't believe i'm in debt so therefore i will never have to declare bankruptcy

• If he was really saved I don't believe he would reject the Bible. To enter into Heaven a person must recognize Jesus as God's son sent to sacrifice himself for us and through him our sins are forgiven.