Why do I feel emberassed that I'm upset over my favorite game series ending?

So I finished playing the witcher 3 and I'm bummed out because it took 6 years since the witcher 2 to finally play the next installment. But now that the saga is over (unless they make some pre-quels) the love story between Geralt, triss merigold and yenefer will be over. No more ciri, Roche or any more adventures! I feel emberassed because I felt the same way when I beat mass effect 1,2,3 and felt sad that I wouldn't know what becomes of Luteanent Sheperd an Miranda. I guess because I always felt only little kids or woman care about such things since they are kind of borderline soap operas.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, there are two expansions coming out, which are supposed to add up to ~30 hours more of gameplay.

• Replaying it to get the yennefer ending. I romanced both her an triss. Which is unfair since yennefer hardly if at all shows ups in the witcher and the witcher 2

• It's a confusing story line witcher one starts out with Geralt ending up unconscious with amnesia he had gave up his freedom to ride with the wild hunt in return for yennefers freedom. Ciri kidnaps him an takes him to another world with her powers

• I bought the first two in a pack with Witcher III, so I'll get around to it eventually.

What Girls Said 1

• Happened to me when I finished Crisis Core (seriously the only game I managed to finish xD). And happens every time I finish a book/book series, film franchise and shit like that. It's normal. It only means you formed some sort of emotional attachment. Nothing to be embarrassed about <3

• I told my friend "I fucked up, I romanced the wrong girl in game and I end up alone in the end... can't believe it 80+ plus gone down the drain... I've gotten too emotionally attached to the witcher 3"

• 70 hours wasted choosing the best dialogue options trying to beat the game the best ending. Only to find out I messed up :(

• I would've cried. Seriously.

What Guys Said 1

• Cheer up! it happens to me a lot when I watch a movie or play a game it sucks at the end because after word its like you have a lot of unanswered questions. I guess its time to find a new game. You ever played fallout3?