What is your Favorite movie / book? Does it change your life?

For me, i think "The Secret life of walter mitty" movie, and "George Orwell's 1984" book

Most Helpful Girl

• Lots of favorite books

The war within our hearts, stranger with my face, Thirst, Remember me, gimmie a call, and kind of liked 1984 etc

Most of the books I read are insightful , so sort of. Depending on the book, it does make me change a few of my habits/etc.

What Girls Said 4

• Favourite book is probably Les Miserables, or the series The Raven Cycle. I think my favourite movie would be the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

• Forgot to answer the second part of the question! I think that RHPS actually did help change my life. I watched it when I was young and questioning my sexuality. Obviously, it's a very skewed film, where pretty much every character is at the very least morally dubious, and the main character is a sadist, a rapist and a murderer. However, the film's main message is that you should be who you want and make yourself happy and you shouldn't ever pretend to be someone you're not. And, even though the way the main character goes about it is twisted, the film shows to be accepting of your sexuality. It helped me to accept myself more.

• I want to read Les Miserables too

• RHPS is like a cult film, it's also a musical. If you like something kinda fucked up, then I recommend it :) And Les Miserables is a super good book to read, the only issue is that Victor Hugo (if you've ever read any of his stuff like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, then you'll already know this) tends to write waaaaaaay too much. He goes into like... the way the French sewer systems were laid out and Napoleon's background, so it can be a little tedious to get through. But I think it's worth it! :)

• 1984 is awesome. Watership Down was the book that changed my life, words cannot describe it, absolute classic? The most amazing piece of literature ever? My favorite movies at the moment is the Divergent series.

• "Kill Bill" and "The Congress" ---both are movies

• my fav movie is The Watch with ben stiller and my fav book is Lost in the barrens by Farley mowatt

What Guys Said 5

• The alchemist was awesome
    I finished 1984 like 5 minutes ago. It was good too

• Haha Orwell's 1984 was stellar and unfortunately looking like a future prediction.

• book , romance of three kingdoms by luo guanzhong , for me
    movie , friends ( tv series)

• I have many can't choose one

• Anathem is a great book but it didn't change my life. No books or movies did even though I love both.