Who is the biggest threat to world peace? America or ISIS?

• America
    53% (9)55% (18)54% (27)Vote
  • ISIS
    47% (8)45% (15)46% (23)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
3|24

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on how this upcoming election turns out and if Turkey somehow manages to kick out of office the radical muslim that are supporting ISIS. If a conservative get put into office and Turkey joins Jordan and Egypt in the fight against Daesh they will more then likely be suppressed and peace will probably return to the middle east. Plus the added bonus of Kurdistan developing it's own country with the Assyrians and other religious and ethnic minorities in the region, allowing for the creation of another somewhat stable country in the middle east.

The only reason we need a conservative president is...
    A) they are more likely to fight ISIS
    B) they cut some of the political correctness and radical racism out of the government
    C) they will more then likely get a lot done because of the majority conservatives in congress.

Why we need Turkey to right ISIS...
    A) They would pound the final nail in ISIS
    B) They have a pretty powerful military

Why none of this will happen...
    A) the republican party will pick a complete nut-case as their candidate
    B) Turkey's government is too radically muslim and doesn't hate but doesn't love ISIS
    C) Turkey doesn't want to risk loosing land to the Kurds if they were to support them with weapons.

Pretty much were all screwed.

(Unless Putin uses ISIS and his friendship with Assad to invade the middle east, conquer the oil field and jack the price up. By the time the UN and Nato finally figured out what had happened it would be to late and Russia would have control of most of the middle east.)

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• America. They are so much more powerful.

2|3
    1|0
  • ISIS, but America is pretty dangerous too.

0|0
    0|0
  • ISIS, they'll kill everyone whoever try to get in their way.

1|0
    2|2
    • And america doesnt?

• Show All
    • Yeah, we're the enemy of the world, we're evil, are you happy now? Another arap propaganda crap.
      Then tell your people "not goto the USA for live", they must stay in the middle east, if we're soo bad and evil for them...

• Don't put words in my mouth, I'm clearly referring to the American government and its Foreign politics, I'm not talking about the ordinary American people.

Oh and by the way, please learn grammar and learn how to spell, I can't even believe that you are an American. Peace ✌🏼️

What Guys Said 23

• ISIS easily. America has its moment where it likes to flex it muscles but at the end of the day it strives to keep many nations in check. If America were to suddenly disappear off the map, then there is nothing stopping North Korea from attacking South Korea. There's nothing stopping Russia from plowing through Europe and taking back what's theirs. There's nothing stopping China from declaring war on Japan and Taiwan. All the smaller nations that depends on the US military for protection would be SOL once the aggressive and more powerful nations show up.

Without America acting like the International Police , WW3 and WW4 would have already occurred and we'll be licking our wounds getting ready for WW5.

While America tries to maintain peace (with underhanded tactics sometimes) ISIS tries to do the opposite, and they're not afraid to take off heads in doing so.

1|1
    0|0
  • When you say America & ISIS in one sentence together, you are actually pointing at a son and his mother.

0|6
    0|0
  • ISIS

Yeah, america act like knuckle draggers, but but ISIS legit want to kill everyone.
    So evn if usa is warhawking, isis win because they're litterally going to war and plan to be at war until everyone oing against them are dead.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's funny tho how people see isis is more dangerous than America , coz isis are kids playing with the toys they got like really please some people putting a machine gun on a truck and AMERICA with all its tech and nuclear and the advanced wepons and can't kill some kids playin cmon even when isis killed some troops in sinai the egyptian special forces killed more than a hundred of them in no time so it's stupid

0|2
    0|0
    • well, USA are smart enough to not use their arsenal for full out war.
      It's called creating a terror balance, and especially the nukes does that.
      Maybe read a bit on the concept?

• Who is the biggest threat? Ideological extremists in every region of the world, whether religious or political. (i. e. White Supremacists, IRA, ISIS, Hezbollah, Chechnyan nationals, Ukrainian Rebels, Boku Haram, etc.) Neither America nor ISIS are threats to 'world' peace. They are threats to regional peace. A breakdown of international cooperation between super powers with weapons of mass destruction would be a threat to world peace.

This question is very badly phrased.

0|1
    0|0
  • Well ISIL proved that they will kill anyone that isn't already a Sunni muslim since they've done a bunch of videos where they killed Iraqis immediately after they converted from Catholicism to Islam. I'm sure if they had their way they'd create world peace simply because there'd be less than a few million people left alive in the world...

0|0
    0|0
    • And the egyptian troops and they killed iraqi kids it was painful :( but they r easy to kill isis I mean

• America created ISIS so that sorta spells itself out

0|4
    0|0
  • ISIS obviously. Probably Russia next.

2|2
    0|2
  • Whose bombs killed more people? ISIS or the US Army?

0|0
    0|0
  • well considering that America created ISIS...

0|2
    0|0
  • ISIS lacks the funding, organization and scope to threaten world peace. They're a regional threat at best. America has repeatedly caused instability around the world for decades and has the power to wreak global havoc in a way that ISIS never will.

0|0
    0|0
    • American has more power, but that doesn't make it a greater threat to peace. America has more political influence, but that doesn't make it a greater threat to peace. America isn't perfect, but it holds the moral high ground over Isis.

Just because Isis kills a bunch of people and America kills a bunch of people doesn't make them morally equal. That's like saying the Nazis and Americans both killed lots of people during WWII, so they are roughly equal. No, no, no.

• I'm not talking about political influence. I'm talking about the government having a history of meddling in foreign affairs, either from recent examples of NSA abuse of power and imprisoning foreign nationals without charge, or older examples of installing puppet dictators in third world countries in the 70s/80s, or attempted assassinations of foreign leaders while not engaged in open warfare. Eisenhower warned us against the establishment of a military-industrial complex with a profit motive in perpetuating strife, and his predictions have been right.

We may not be a vicious as ISIS, we may be less evil than ISIS, but to say we hold a morally virtuous position is contradictory to reality. We haven't been engaged in a truly justifiable war since World War Two.

And from that point we only need to look at which group has the capability to destroy peace on a global scale. ISIS, thankfully, does not have that capability. We do.

• ISIS for sure in a open kind of way.. In a behind close doors probably USA because as a Superpower it has a desire to keep it's status as the most dominant and if you get in the way you are doomed.. A tomahawk cruise missile up your ass.

0|0
    1|0
  • What a stupid fucking question. The world's leader, whom the world economy depends upon, compared to a shitty little band of radical murderers? Really?
    The two are not even close to comparable in any matter. Let alone "threat to world peace"

0|0
    0|0
    • So it's all based on the size of the economy? So in your opinion, the Germans and Chinese are a greater threat to world peace than Isis? Those are basically the second and third largest, most powerful economies.

• No, did you not read what I said or can you simply not comprehend a different perspective on the question then your own?
      My point was that the comparison itself is stupid.

• The U. S is a country that is completely corrupt, it has a rotten core hidden behind the decent people.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think that my government has issues desperate for reform, but it is not completely corrupt. I'm not living in North America's Vietnam. Give us some credit.

• All Governments are corrupt including Canada, I hate all governments and all are guilty of unspeakable crimes, and yes it is completely corrupt at the top, everyone country in the west is fascist which means corporations and the military both have influence in the Government, the countries the U. S Invaded or sparked an uprising in were all because of financial reasons and the fact powerful corporations had a lot to gain, you could look online to find countless examples of this. Iraq was going to sell their oil in Euros rather than U. S Dollars, undermining the PetroDollar, Libya was working with some African nations to make a new gold based currency called the Gold Dinar, the list is literally endless...

• Every country*

• Islamic State was created by USIAD and NED. I thought everybody already knows that.

0|0
    0|0
  • America is much more powerful but right now they're not as big a threat to world peace. If America were to declare war on part of the world they'd sure be the bigger one though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Neither. Both are shells surrounding the same few world players.

0|0
    0|0
  • America of course. Now some say Isis are a product of America, even if its not true. America's intervention in Iraq lead to political instability which helped Isis grow. America also helped train and arm some Isis fighters. Isis are just puppets and are just a distraction.

America has an entire army to at their disposal, one of the biggest in the entire world. Not to mention nuclear weapons and weapons of mass destruction.
    America could get rid of Isis in less than a day.

Look at what America did to Japan, Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Look at Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine and other countries.
    Need I say more?

0|1
    0|0
  • ISIS was created by America they say. I don't know what to believe without hard facts but Muslims aren't supposed to pray in different directions like the ISIS fighters are doing in this picture.
    images.huffingtonpost.com/...-ISISPrayer-thumb.JPG

1|1
    0|0
  • China. Then maybe Russia. The reality is that America is often the sole barrier between major countries and regional conflict. Places like Georgia, other Baltic States, or Taiwan, or south Korea, they all benefit tremendously from the stability our military might brings. Many countries cannot do what they want militarily because of the repercussions they would face.

The U. S. is the closest thing to keeping relative stability. If you think places like the middle east are bad with our involvement, imagine how much worse they would be without it.

0|1
    0|0
    • Is it americas business if the middle east blows itself up?

• Show All
    • To some large level I agree. The chaotic status of today's Middle East is the result of British and French imperialism. If you want to blame someone for the ethnic tensions, blame the right parties.

• A big part of OUR oil is hidden under the Middle East.

• America isn't a threat to anyone's peace.

As long as you let them do business, which usually ends with them getting the lions share.

ISIS isn't a threat to peace.

As long as you don't live in a country which they think ought to be fundamentalist Muslim and/or you want to be fundamentalist Muslim.

Take your pick.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well I mean America made ISIS by arming Syrian "rebels"... sooo...

0|2
    0|1
    • It's much more complicated than that. It was definitely a mistake, but wanting Assad out of power for slaughtering his own population was not a mistake at all.

• When will America learn that they're not the world police? Stop taking sides in conflicts that don't pertain to you, all America does is support a group that turns out to be terroristic in nature. Example, Al Qaida

• Liberals, I would say. Building a subservient underclass, inventing world strife to get rich off it, lying to the public.

1|0
    0|1
    • that's not an attribute belonging to a political party, that's just an atribute belonging to people seeing themselves as better.
      It's liberals now, could be democrats later, or maybe republicans.

but all in all you're doing a huge stupid mistake by associating political orientation with a set of actions, mostly because it's unrelated in the large picture.

• Show All
    • Liberals are not a political party in the US.

• that was @dartmaul15 and they aren't "helping people" , quite the opposite. They are most interested in them never succeeding. They need them to remain dependent on the government