Insomnia... who else suffers from it? and how do you cope? tips and tricks for falling asleep?

I know people who close their eyes and are seemingly instanly asleep. Its crazy to think that can happen as I have always suffered with insomnia.

Even when i was in the army, and I was phsically exhausted after a day of training, it would take me hours to fall asleep. When I did eventually fall asleep, the slightest noise would wake me and the cycle would start all over again.

I still suffer from insomnia and it takes me at least 2 hours + to fall asleep, and i still wake at the slightest noise. I've tried wearing ear plugs to avoid being woken up by random noises (although they irritate me and I can hear my own heart beat, which doesn't help), but they dont really help as i tune into the slightest noise. To counter this I have a fan going to create white noise, and surprisingly random talking helps a lot. For this i use the only book on tapes i own which are beatrix potter tapes from when I was a kid.

its kind of unorthodox, and although it still takes me a long time to fall asleep, for the last few weeks I've ben sleeping through the night.

so, are you an insomniac? what do you do to fall asleep?

Most Helpful Girl

• i take deep breaths.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• I always turn a fan or the AC on before going to bed for the noise, I also sometimes listen to videos of people talking on some bad nights (Eckhart Tolle has just the right droning boring voice), and focusing on my breathing also seems to help. Sometimes there's nothing I can do but uselessly wait.

• i do... take sleeping pills

• I wish I knew. I've been awake for 36 hours now

• weed helps me relax. its helped me with sleep.