Girls, Would you tell your mom your BF's most personal secrets?

• Yes
    13% (8)
  • No
    87% (54)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

24

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends... I told my mom my boyfriend's brother used to kinda be a f-up when he was a teenager and has 4 kids by a woman that he refuses to marry which I'm pretty sure is my boyfriend's most personal secret, but I wouldn't tell my mom anything if it were actually about my boyfriend.

My boyfriend's secrets are always stuff about his family though like the fact that his mom has cancer or that his sister just got pregnant again. His own secrets are always stuff like "I almost died the other day from getting shot at while walking on the bad side of town please don't tell anyone I was over there" or "I made a D in my Physics class". It's never anything that would come up in conversation

What Girls Said 23

• Oh honey, I don't even tell my mom my general information. Why would I tell her about my boyfriend's secrets?

• There's very little I don't tell my mother, and quite honestly she isn't a tattler. Unless it's something I am asked not to share with anyone, I'm telling my mother. There's only been one instance where I didn't tell her everything and it was because my best friend asked me to keep it secret because he didn't want people treating him differently.

• If I did she would demand me to end things. I'm also in my marriage to build trust and respect, and to blab anything will damage all the work I've put in. So, no.

• I don't even tell my mom my most personal secrets. So no.

• No, I think that is way to personal. I'm close with my mum, but there are some things she doesn't need to know. I would feel like I' breaching some form of privacy if I told my mum about my boyfriends' personal secrets.

• No. I don't tell my mom much about him anyway.

• No. I would tell her information needed not to offend him, but not anything private.

• It's not a good idea to even tell her when arguments happen because it's biased and she is put in the position where she can't do anything but judge him. I certainly would work on not telling his secrets. It's just unfair - and yes, I've guilty of it -_-

• It depends...

• NO I would not tell anyone. I do not share even mine.

• I talk to my mom about things relating to me and her. If me and said boyfriend get in an argument I will talk to my mom about it, just as someone to talk to about "how I felt" but I will never tell her his secrets.

• Only if they were benign and wouldn't change how she viewed him for worse.

• No way. Not at all.

• no, I keep secrets

• Of course not

• no
    i wouldn't regardless of how close we might be

• Nope, not my secrets to share

• No. Not unless his secrets were hurting him directly. Like if he was actively self harming or suicidal or if he was addicted to something. Other than those my lips are sealed.

• No, my mum doesn't really know that much about me either way :(

• Absolutely not.

• No, the whole point of secrets is that you don't tell ANYONE

• No I wouldn't. Not anyones. Secrets about me and the relationship yes. There is some stuff that has happened or he has done that I didn't tell friends becuase they would judge him. Where as my mum is not like that so could tell her.

But someone elses secret is just that. You dont tell anyone. That's what makes a secret secret.

• I don't really have any secrets other than the good that I do for others which I don't want credit for.