Why is it that it's mostly girls/women who are vegan?

There's nothing wrong with wanting to be vegan, that's your own decision and I respect it. I, personally, can't put up with someone who won't eat meat.

I would never be friends with someone who was vegan, unless they're a close friend who suddenly decided to become one, and I definitely wouldn't date one...

Why is though, that most vegans are girls/women?

Most Helpful Girl

• ''I would never be friends with someone who was vegan'' woah, way to be close-minded. O_o I'm sure no vegans would want to be friends with you either.

Now onto the topic. It's because the stupid society tends to label guys who are vegan as "unmanly", ''gay'' and other shit like that. I admire guys who have the ability to not give a fuck about what the ignorant people think, go their own way, and be vegan or vegetarian (if they want to of course).
    Also the fact that women by nature are more empathetic, therefore there are more women who care about animals, and therefore they choose not to eat meat.

• '"'I would never be friends with someone who was vegan'' woah, way to be close-minded. O_o I'm sure no vegans would want to be friends with you either."

Why do you feel the need to personally attack someone just because of their preferences?

I'm a meat-eater and so therefore would not like to affiliate with people who don't share my interests.

Just because I eat meat, doesn't mean I don't "care" about animals lol...

"I admire guys who have the ability to not give a fuck about what the ignorant people think"

Well you should admire me then, I don't give a hoot either ;)

• You didn't get it obviously. You're the one hating on people for what they eat, not me. You ARE close-minded.

• Whatever...

What Girls Said 3

• In general, women tend to be more connected with our emotional sides. We allow ourselves to empathize with others and feel more compassionate. It makes sense. I also heard someone say something like "People who have been oppressed tend to understand oppression and not want to take part in it, this is why women and children tend to be the most open to veganism. It would also explain why Israel has the highest percentage of vegans or vegetarians."
    You shouldn't discriminate against people for being vegan though. I'm vegan and I guarantee that I'm super cool and funny lmao I promise we don't talk about veganism 24/7, just like Feminists don't talk about the patriarchy or Christians don't talk about God all the time either.

• Well personally I know just as many vegan men as women, but those are ethical vegans like myself.
    But I think veganism has been hyped up a lot recently in the media as a way to lose weight, so naturally girls who are self-conscious about their bodies and want to lose weight glom onto that kind of thing, it's kind of become like the new 'low carb' for some people.

• I think it's just 'cool' to be a vegan and girls want to be in th cool group...

What Guys Said 1

• I dunno. I can't be vegan. I couldn't get enough protein in if I wanted to. But I'm surgically altered.

• I could never be vegan either... I like vegetables, but taking meat completely out of my diet would be torture...