Is it okay if teenagers are immature?

I really regret the way I treated people when I was a teenager. Is it normal & expected for teenagers to be immature?

Most Helpful Guy

• Id say yes in a way cuz a lot of the guys who were bullies in high school stopped afterwards... But not all of them. But at the same time the kids from my high school still treat the lower status kids from our high school like shit and expect them to take it and still look at them as a friend because they think they have the right to do it at 23 years old.

So yes people did stuff as a teen they regret or wouldn't do as adults, but the majority still keep that mindset into adulthood. So i say majority of people who were mean/dicks as teenagers are honestly like that and dont change much from it. But there are people who look back and regret it and feel sorry/bad that they did stuff like that.

My official answer is its expected/excusable a little bit of the time, but majority of the time, being a teenager didn't play a part in it, it was honestly just the person.

• *It also depends on what you actually did.

What Guys Said 11

• Yeah, pretty much. Teenagers are sometimes even less mature than some of their tween (or younger) counterparts. Because their brains are insane with puberty. lol.

• Yes, it's more acceptable I say.

• Yes all teens go through stages, i was immature as a teen and made some wrong judgments.

• Nope I do t think it's OK it happens but that doesn't mean it's okay

• Yes, it is expected. But it's also expected that they eventually cease to be like that. Some don't though.

• It's not okay but let's pretend it's okay else we can't take each other shit for a second. (I hate immature teenagers too btw)

• Yes, teenager are expected to be mean to each other.

• I'm 15 and I'm immature af. Hopefully people expect it.

• Of course it's OK. The main trait about teenagers are that they are immature, and perverted

• its normal. We all have regret and say some really dumb stuff.
    Can you rate me on my post?

• Yep, sure is

What Girls Said 8

• I think we give teenagers a bad rep, really. They're totally in an awkward phase that they don't know how to handle. Their brains are still closer to that of a child but they're expected to behave like adults. It's not really fair. I think we judge them too harshly.

• To an extent. Teenagers of course shouldn't be expected to be stuffy and perfect. No one should, but you get the point. Anyway, teenagers are the greatest varying in character because we are growing up and changing and setting goals and moving ahead. Some are extremely immature, others are more mature than adults. It's fine to look back and regret things as you get older because it means you've changed and grown in maturity.

• Teenagers are suppose to be immature. That's their job

• Yeah it's okay. We live and we learn and we grow.

• Yes, of course. Being immature is part of being a teenager and it's absolutely normal.

• I guess so? I kind of cringe when people remind me of the things I used to say at 14. I'm not like that anymore.

• Teenagers are immature but it is not okay to make that as an excuse to behave bad.

• I guess this is why they're teenagers