Car fans? Do you know what country this car is made?

Car trivia time. Without doing any research, at first glance do you know what country this car is made in?

• Made in Germany
  • Made in USA
  • Made in Japan
  • Made in Australia
  • Made in UK
  • Made in Korea
  • I don't care but I like it
Wow, only 3 out of 35 people who voted in the poll got it correct. It's made in Australia and it's a Holden Commodore SS here. It's re-badged and exported in left hand drive to the USA as a Chev SS. It does have some global parts but is assembled and built in a factory (owned by GM America) in Elizabeth, South Australia. Sadly the factory is set to close in 2017 due to greedy GM and a useless Australian government who aren't doing anything to try and save it. Thanks everyone for participating :D

Most Helpful Guy

• It's the 2015 Chevy SS which is built in Australia.

What Girls Said 6

• Wild guess, UK. It just looks like something I'd see in some uppity English towns.

• Dont blame that ugly lump on us. Not guilty.

• Higher wages can't be a bad thing. Usually things like this work out in the end, unemployment-wise. Sorry to sound ignorant, but I'm not knowledgeable on Australian politics. I thought Australia was doing so well with their debt clearance and all.

• Well when our dollar was high it didn't help things but it is lower now. Something like 74 US cents I think. The debt here used to be better but the previous government stuffed it and put us in the red. It's not as bad as the US debt but still not great at the moment. Some people think we're heading straight for a recession.

• It's a chevy and they're made in the US - I know that and I'm not even a car fan lol

• Chevy and other GM cars are manufactured in the US, no?

• When I first looked, Germany came to mind.

• i perfure the chevi stingray from the 70's with the 7.5 litre engine under the hood

• Probably made in Germany.

What Guys Said 16

• The Chevy logo stand out. But now days, different parts of cars are made in different countries. It may be that 100% of the components were made around the world, then the car assembled in Mexico and brought her from there. Just really impossible to tell now with such a glob al economy.

• Depends on which country/region in the world it is sold.. Since it's Chevrolet I would assume it's Made in USA but the background kinda looks like Australia so maybe Made in Stralia

• Pretty sure that although it is an American brand it is made elsewhere.

• easy

chevrolet = US

• Ok so that car is the Chevy SS with the corvette engine, BUT i do believe in Australia they are called "Holden". SOOOOO i'am going to say the original car was made in Australia (holden) but that chevy is made in the usa but basically adapted from Australia

• From my very little knowledge about car, I know that Chevrolet is an American manufacturer, but for some reason, I have a feeling that this car is made in Korea.

• You can't tell just by the brand. I've had a toyota that were manufactured in Canada. It's clearly a chevy but that doesn't automatically mean that specific car was made there.

• Its a Chevvy, That thing is as American as Mcdonalds and starting wars xD

• Wrong. Made in Australia

• Chevrolet? Not a chance xD
      Fresh outa' Detriot! :P

• haha American brand yes. GM head office is in Detroit yes. This one is made in Australia and re-badged as a Chev for the US :P

• It's got a Chevy badge, which I presume means it's a re-badged Daewoo, and therefore Korean.

• Answer: Australia

• I'm pretty sure it's the other way around with the Cruze - it's actually an Asian car, that's just re-badged as a Holden in Australia, and they're sold all over the world. It's not just Americans stealing Holden designs - it works both ways.

• The first Cruze's we got in Australia were imported from Korea. Then they started making them In Australia and still are at the moment but will cease soon. I think they will go before the factory closes here. They're made in several countries. And yep you're right. It's all a global thing. Designs are shared world wide

• When you said car fans, i thought you were gonna ask something about the radiator system of the car engine.

• UGGHHHHH I didn't read the damn post correctly... I knew this car was in Australia because of the terrain behind it...

• Accidentally voted for Australia because I thought it said "America", but I meant to vote "US"

• Either Australia, or the U. S i am guessing.

• Germany for sure

• Im guessing the SS is made in Aus

• It's not a chevy it's a korean Daewoo but the company is now owned by GM