Does the USA have the best university education?

If you take a look at the shangahi rankings of the world top 500 universities, you will notice that most of these universities are American universities, so does that mean the USA have the best university education?

Shangahi ranking of the world top 500 universities 2014: http://www.shanghairanking.com/ARWU2014.html

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I would agree with that list, not that I know much about all those universities, but from what all I've heard, the US and the UK have the best universities.

• Lucky you, you are studying there lol.

• Thanks for the MHO ;)

• Lol you're welcome. I gave you MHO just because you wished me a good luck in Germany. haha

What Girls Said 1

• Yeah, it seems that the U. S, has the best universities

I think that the best educated people get into good universities. Most people who go to good schools get info good universities. This is not always the case though

• Lol what about Q----? :0

• I go to a private college preparatory school and it has one of the highest university acceptance rates in the Middle East So I guess I'm good. But it's very easy to get kicked out and I don't hand in my stuff so I need to get myself together or I'll get kicked out

What Guys Said 5

• The best? Eh, It probably has the MOST of the best, Given how massive and how much money the US has, But, I would say in regards to quality, Britain + Germany + the USA would all be up there.

Obviously you got your Global-Elite Universities like Harvard and Oxford.

• Well yeah that does make sense somehow, I'm glad that I got the chance to do my university education in Germany, though I would prefer to do it in the UK or the U. S. For the simple fact that I prefer to study in English, but whatever.

• Eh, German is a good language economically and for a good financial future, English is a good language only because the entire Anglo-Sphere speaks it making it a universal language, thus providing more oppurtunity. its just the German oppurtinities, though less numerous, are probably better ones.
      But eh, Whatever floats your boat.

• Yeah United States and the United Kingdom have the best worldwide education and universities.

One of the universities/colleges I am going to go to is based here in the United States and is one of the best schools in the world for physical training related professions.

• I believe so

• I duno, I've worked with Americans and they make simple tasks way more difficult than they need to be. They're loud and well financed though so they get noticed. I doubt their Unis are actually the best in the world.

• No they don't. It's a capitalist system therefore making it inferior.