Would you allow your son to wear a dress if he wanted to?

I would. I wouldn't mind if my kid wanted to wear a dress, but I'd forbid him to until his mother got to him cause everyone who knows me knows I have no sense in womens fashion. I just feel it'll be better to allow my child to do that and what makes him feel happy and like himself, then repress it and end up possibly losing a son (as he might reject me in the future when he moves out and stuff). I really feel its better to let the kid experiment and do as they please in certain cases, because hell it's their life mostly and its a damn outfit. I just won't let his ass go outside wearing some overly revealing shit, cause I got standands in my house.

So would you allow your son to wear a dress and even makeup if he wanted?

0|0
13|9

Most Helpful Girl

• If the kid wants to wear a dress he can. Boy's clothes are boring anyway. I wouldn't let him wear makeup because I don't believe it's appropriate for children. But he could have play makeup

0|1
    0|0
    • I do agree, boys clothes are boring to be honest. I also agree with makeup. Can't stand seeing girls tying to look cute and grown at an age where they still don't understand a period.

• Show All
    • Some people really need to limit kids with that stuff, let them be cute and adorable not grown up.

• That's very very true.

What Girls Said 12

• No, he will only wear guys' clothes as long as he is a child.
    Once he becomes independent , that is his choice.

I don't believe in experimenting everything.
    You have to have boundaries.

0|0
    2|1
  • Yes, I would. Everyone has a right to express themselves, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe... depends on how old. I know my mom never wanted my brother to wear nail polish even though he really wanted to, but my sister and I did his nails anyways lol. If this was like a teenager I'd take him to a counselor maybe. Not because I think there's something wrong with him wanting to wear girls clothes but I just think that maybe he isn't as happy with his gender as he should be etc, etc. If this was a young child then I'd be like "oh ok."

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes but he better know how to put an outfit together and have some style

0|0
    0|0
  • I study early childhood at uni. I have found its actually better to let a child experiment rather than repress them or gender type toys.

So yes I would as it causes no harm.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course I would. My kid would be allowed to dress themselves however they like. (Well, there would be some limits, but few.)

0|0
    0|0
  • If that's what he wants to wear. 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, and I would let any future daughter wear "boy clothes". I don't see how it's a issue.

0|0
    0|0
  • sure, let him play and have fun.

0|0
    0|0
  • No sorry filler

0|0
    0|0
  • If my baby boy wants to wear a dress I will let him do it. I do not agree with it but I love him and I will let him decide for himself how he wants to dress.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he wanna be gay, then yes

0|1
    1|0

What Guys Said 9

• Dress are expensive. Have no money for that. XXX large T-shirt will do.

4|1
    0|0
  • Nothing revealing

2|0
    0|0
  • No, because it's stupid to let him wear girl clothes.

1|0
    1|0
  • HELL NO THAT'S STUPID

0|0
    0|0
  • Have fun at the party, son!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sure.
    ┬┐Why not?

0|0
    0|0
  • nope, never

0|0
    0|0
  • You can always have him wear a kilt which is just a man's skirt. Hell no there is a big difference between being a tom-girl and being mentally ill.

0|0
    0|0
  • As a joke or gag yes. But seriously, heck no

0|0
    0|0