Mercedes vs BMW which cars are overall better in your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• When it comes to German cars, it's your own personal tastes that matter, NOT which is better. You don't buy a German car because you want the best, because as soon as you start having electrical problems that will require $3k to fix, you realize maybe a Lexus isn't so bad after all.

Let me break it down for you:

BMW - The quintessential German car. BMW is the most popular and a lot of sales are based on that fact (sort of how everyone buys Call of Duty games since everyone else is). BMW offers a variety of choices to fit your tastes and needs, whether it's a coupe, wagon, sedan, hatchback, SUV, or sports car. BMW cars all pretty much look the same (except for the 6 & 7 series) and their interiors are also pretty much the same. What's different is the driving experience of all of them. An M3 is the halo car of BMW, and it drives much better and different than a 325i some dad bought for her daughter. BMW's have Manual, automatic, and DCT transmissions.
    Mercedes-Benz - MB is almost all about class and luxury. You will find the best luxury, most comfortable ride, and status in an MB. Some of their cars are militaristic and brute, namely any AMG. Some are all about royalty, like the S-class. Either way, their looks are subjective but their class is not. All MB cars are automatic or DCT.
    Porsche - Performance. Porsche is all about performance. All they sell is performance cars (except for that stupid Cayenne). Porsche has an amazing racing heritage, and it shows in their products. Even something like an M3 can't compare to the driving experience of a 911. Buy Porsche if you care most about going fast in style. Porsche has manual and DCT cars, with their DCT's being the best on the planet.
    Audi - You're a rebel, aren't you? Audi is the "non-conformist" German brand. Their cars have the BEST interiors, and the Quattro AWD tech makes snow look stupid. Audi is like BMW with a variety of vehicles. Audi isn't as popular or respected as some other brands, which ironically has brought them a fanbase. Audi has recently stepped their game up and is now making amazing cars, but they are still an "outsider" brand. Choose Audi if you love AWD and being different. Audi used to have manual cars but has since phased out, now it's almost all DCT or Auto.

What Girls Said 8

• Well having owned and driven both makes.. I have to be completely honest in saying that I much prefer Mercedes.. At present I drive a 2013 Mercedes 350 SL convertible which I find far more comfortable and controllable, than the BMW M5 I had before.

I have already placed an order for a new one for later in the year.

Please appreciate that am only a mere woman, who's suppose to know nothing at all about cars.. So this is quite simply my opinion only.

• I don't know the difference, but I'll go with Mercedes 😛

• Mercedes is the best. BMW, Audi and VW all are some of if not the worst in the world for engines failing. Audi and VW also have lots of gear boxes fail to. Mercedes is way more reliable a study has proved this.

• Mercedes for sure this is my dream 2.bp.blogspot.com/.../...2-Epochal-Front-Angle.jpg

• I don't really know. The Mercedes I test rode was bad to drive but had beautiful interiors. It was stunning. With the bmw, I heard they are really nice to drive but crappy looking interior.

I'm not quite sure. I'm more of a jaguar type lol

• MBZ is an old mans car

• I'll take BMW. ;D

• Either look fine. I barely know anything about cars.

• I don't know anything about cars, so I don't know

What Guys Said 12

• Mercedes, a study showed that BMW are among the worst cars in the world for engine failures along with Audi and VW. It showed Mercedes was the most reliable German car engine brand.

• Ok this is the thing... The thing with Mercedes is that they are engineered well but in reality the quality is not that good. BOTH OF THESE BRANDS are a "show-off" brands. Both are good but it depends what year and model you're looking at. I like Mercedes better but the damn electronic is what kills them and goes wrong. same with bmw. You think benz has quality but in some models no way. Bmw is also plasticy and cheap at times.

So my verdict is that for Mercedes 2000 and under and great cars. A very very good one is the 1999 SL600. Amazing Amazing engine.

For Bmw i would avoid the E46 M3'S and would stick with the E90 M3 (less problems).

Engineering wise both are great and good. SOOOOOO for racing and performance i say BMW, for everyday car i say Mercedes, just pray the electronics don't go wrong.

Do you have any of these or plan on buy one @Toad-1

• Have driven both and much prefer the benz, just a preference. My colleague has a merc 300 sl gullwing and its one awesome car

• Both are good, Mercedes is less sporty than BMW.
    Audi is good too.

• Mercedes is something a grandpa or family person would drive. BMW is for cool bachelors like James Bond.
    I'll go with BMW because I'm not an old dude or a chick.

• The merc of course it's just a loud beast with an awesome roar voice to get pumped in while speeding up u can drift with it all the way that car is awesome and the BMW is too much quiet

• Not really a fan of either but ill take the BMW definitely over the Mercedes

• I would choose both :p.

• BMW just have no clue when it comes to styling - all their cars are so ugly. Plus they're chav-mobiles. Actually, I wouldn't really want either - there are so many more interesting and characterful cars you could buy for the same money.

• old bmw new ones are shit and look the same

• I choose Mercedes because it's more class.

Mercedes their promotion is more for business men and style.

BWM their promotion goes more to young people and wild boys.

• They're both overpriced status symbols. Toyota ftw.