If Genie offered you the possibility to become the other sex forever from now on (read details)?

Sex change include the following:

If you're female right now:
You will grow 6 inches taller
Have 7% less body fat
Feet will be two size bigger
Hair length stays (in case you want to go Jared Leto)
Facial, chest and butt hair

If you're male right now:
You will shrink by 6 inches
Have 7% more body fat
Feet will be two size smaller
Hair will grow to bra strap length
No facial, chest or butt hair. Leg hair reduced, but not gone.

Would you accept Genie's generous offer? It cannot be reversed.
Source for the numbers:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height#Average_height_around_the_world

http://www.theaveragebody.com/average_foot.php

• Yes, in a heartbeat!
  • No way! I love being my sex too much!
  • As tempting as this offer is in the short run I think I'll be happier with my current sex in the long run. Since it can't be reversed, I have to reluctantly decline.
Ok, I didn't expect I had to clarify this.. but yeah, you'd get a penis replacing your vagina and boobs or the other way around. The other stuff were just 'additional things' that'd happen too.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think its fairly clear the Asker means a full gender change. She is just ruling out things like looking like a 7' tall chick in heels or a being an extremely feminine looking man or what have you. As I understand it, the gender change is 'full'.

Well, in a virtual world even if it were irreversible I'd say it would be cool to try since I've lived half of my life as male and living the other half as female would give me a broad and widened perspective. I may die as one of the wisest people around having experienced both. So virtually, sure.

But in the real world, well, there are complications. I'm a husband and a father so giving kids two mommies is not on my agenda (even if there are people doing exactly that). Furthermore, my sex life with my wife would get very complicated, very fast. I don't think it would end well. So, I'm going to have to vote B/C.

Now don't get me wrong, I love my own gender. In no way do I think of myself as stuck being a male or w/e. I'm just open minded to try both is all. But due to life being what it is now, I would have to vote no on the YOLO solution.

• Haha.. I guess the word 'also' or 'too' was missing, so people weren't sure why a sex change wouldn't include sex parts xD

Do you think your answer would be different if you didn't a family or a girlfriend?

• In the United States women wield a lot more power than their middle-eastern/sub-saharan counterparts. The "switch" would entail less risks and if for whatever reason I discovered I still wanted to pursue a man's life, I most absolutely could under the label of career driven woman. I think age also has a lot to do with it. If I were 18, my life as a male would be short and I would question myself if I just wasn't walking away as a failure as a man (escapism). So if I were younger, definitely not.

At my current age, I could go for it. I'm assuming that the genie would use if I am a heterosexual now, I would be heterosexual as a woman. I'm not sure how I would feel about that from my current perspective, but after the genie's work it may not be so bad? I don't know. I think I would chance it just because I'm an explorer at heart, but I would probably go on living as I have. My perception of gender is that it they are not all that different. Who knows, maybe the genie would chagne that?

• Very well! I didn't even think of the question whether their sexuality would change ^^

What Guys Said 7

• No, why would I? I never understood the fascination, it's like people who say if they were the opposite gender the first thing they'd do is get laid... I just don't get it,

• I think it's less about fascination, but rather the feeling that they would have more success in whatever they are looking for at this very moment or more peace.

• So... I'd basically be a short person without hair but with more body fat and a penis? That doesn't exactly sound appealing. And how come I've got to have breast-long hair as a woman? There are cute girls with short hair...

• No, you'd get boobs and a vagina too.. no penis no more.

• Oh the long hair part was just meant to 'even' the playing field in terms of 'equal attractiveness', because many men seem to like long hair only.. and they would be the first to complain that it's unfair that women turned men could just cut their hair shorter.. but they themselves had to either invest in a wig or wait years to get the hair to a length they like women to have.

• Okay, I see. Well, in that case I would definitely agree. I don't consider myself transgender because I'm more or less happy with being a man. But even as a teenager, I always thought to myself "if I could choose, I'd rather be a girl". It's like... imagine somebody would offer you either a nice car or a beautiful trip to a destination of your choice. They both sound very cool but most people would probably prefer one over the other.

• Now I feel the need to quantify this. I've spent my life as a male. Have you heard the myth of Tiresias? Once like a man, as the sea I raged, once a women, like the earth I gave. Both different sides of the same coin. I'd love to experience both.

• No thanks. I like my genitals not bleeding every month.

• Yeah, sure. I haven't had any luck being a male in social circles anyway. Maybe this way i can get an SO

• Why would u do this :( I liked u @genie23

• So i would get boobs?

What Girls Said 6

• Why is body fat and height the main focus of this? Clearly there ar other things that would change too. And no. I like being me.

• No, I just didn't think I had to say you'd get a penis.. I thought it was clear.

• Not really.. I love being a woman :D

• No, I enjoy being female honestly.

• I'd be cool to be a man for at least a week if nobody knew who I was. I want to fuck women (very well) and have a dick just for a while. Lmao.

• totally! and wow... youve certainly done your research! :) you really know your gender stats

• nope i love being a girl!