NASA confirms 2.5 mile wide commet expected to hit earth?

Is this legit or not? If this is actually for real, should we be worried? Do you think this is real? Why/why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• "Conspiracy club"

You're reading the workings of the mentally ill and the paranoid here.

• How do you know they're mentally not okay?

• By the numbers of time conspiracy nutjobs have said the world is ending we would be dead for about the billionth time now.

Those people have a sick obsession with the world bursting into flames.

What Guys Said 9

• Nope, not legit:
    http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/risks/
    the list of possible impact risks to the planet

m.snopes.com/2015/06/23/comet-september-2015/
    Debunking the myth.

• No that's stupid. It would be making headline news and they wouldn't find out this late.
    Nasa can track comets decades ahead of time.

There is a comet though that will fly incredibly close to the earth in like another 15 years though.

• If it were true, we wouldn't know about it, the government wouldn't want to cause mass panic. That and the site that posted this isn't what I would call a credible source.

• Yeah... Maybe it's not that credible but it should still be considered

• Normally I would agree, but I've also seen this kind of stuff be claimed before. When I was in 6th grade there was the fear of a giant asteroid slamming into the earth, y2k, 2012, etc etc. it's just a scare thing, people just want to see reactions. If something like this were real, and we did know about it, there isn't really anything that we could do, the force needed to move an astroids trajectory is enormous. If you had that force, it would most likely destroy the asteroid, but then you would have a lot of smaller pieces hitting the earth, which could ultimately have the same effect. If it were to happen, you would be better off not knowing or not worrying about it, it would kill us all, there's nothing that we could do to stop it

• "Conspiracyclub" nough said.. I believe in conspiracies but I see no motive why any Government would cover up a comet coming at us.. They could make tons of money by making a "Comet redirection" fund or something.

• I only liked that page though because it tells the truth

• Truth is a very subjective thing now a days, I don't think anyone can really know what truth is anymore. Need more than a single source to get me interested.. Besides a 2.5 mile could cause serious issues but I doubt it could kill us all, odds are good it hits in the ocean and makes one hell of a tsunami but I'm in the center of North America so... I'm good.

• Nobody would beleive in a commet redirection fund though. You can't just stop a commet. I live close to the sea so.. I guess I should be a littl worried

• www.conspiracyclub.com? Yeah, I think you'd be pretty safe to just disregard that story.

• nah its not real.

• So what let it hit the earth what's the worth that could happen die?

• Oh fucking hell I hope so, means I'm not doomed to work in a job I hate till I die.

• But why? It's going to kill us all!

• They are scanning some parts of it though

• Yeah long exposure with telescopes and shizzle, but that's tunnel vision on a tiny part of sky.

• probably another near miss

What Girls Said 1

• I think it's complete bullshit, like always.
    But if it's actually true, I don't really care, not worried. So be it.